Suggestions, tips & tricks anyone can offer?

Terrain

You should add more detail to the terrain. For example, play around with the color and different terrain blending in. The Terrain really looks flat and boring, try adding little hills and lumps to the terrain to make it look more interesting. You should also smooth out the terrain a little bit because it looks all blocky like at the edges of the beach.

Buildings

The buildings look amazing but please make sure you unioned or converted some parts into meshes because too many parts can really lag your game. For example, try converting things like the roofs into meshes or unions to reduce the number of parts in the game

Environment

Enabling the grass improves the environment but it’s still bland. Try adding more trees to take up empty space or try adding bushes and rocks. You should also play around with the skybox to make the sky look better. You could also try adding more props into the scenery as xStarfully had stated.

You can use this brush plugin made by XAXA to place down the props. This plugin will make your life way easier. (https://www.roblox.com/library/2268520847/Brushtool-2-1)

Lighting

You should play around with the lighting to make it look amazing. I would recommend reading this post on how to make your lighting look more natural and realistic. (How to make your lighting more realistic in shadowmap)

Hope this helps! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for this detailed response! I’ve just downloaded the plugin and I’m looking into the lighting. Hopefully some good comes out of it! I will work on assets for variations of misc items! There is a lot of empty space left for more buildings that I’m working on. Most of what I build is all exported then added to a mesh part. I had one incident with mesh parts in the past and don’t want that repeating. For the terrain it’s flat for now just so it’s easier for me to place buildings. As I go along I will make it look more natural! Thank you again!

1 Like

In real life, nothing is perfect so you won’t see a fully circle shaped island or what not. But, I believe you made it far way too bumpy in these areas and you should smooth them out more.

Suggestions  tips   tricks anyone can offer  - Help and Feedback   Building Support - Roblox Developer Forum

For the landscape, you can simply yes make little hills to help give the island more of a variety of grounding level. But, be sure to flatten it out in some areas and keep some areas higher than others.

2 Likes

Amazing Build Man

1 thing i did notice is where the water touches the island it looks funky

maybe try adding the water around the island manual it looks like you used the paint tool to add the water that’s just my opinion but the builds are amazing

Buildings 10/10
Placing 10/10
Terrain 7/10

1 Like

He used the paint tool that is why its so blocky around the island

That is what I did! I’ll work on it! Before the updates I didn’t see an easier way to add water! Thank you.

Similar to what I did with the church?

you are more then welcome have a great new years

1 Like

can i see a picture of the roof on the picture below close up please that looks very well done

1 Like

Here is how I build the roofs for my houses. It’s a really simple blender model. I place them in segments, however with that being said each building has to be sized by 5-10 studs to make the model appear correct. The roof actually takes quite a bit of time, but the outcome from doing this is pretty cool. Simple enough.
Blender:

Ingame:

3 Likes

amazing ur awesome man thaks alot that will help me for my build i am working on

Image Of my build if intrested

1 Like

Yeah that looks good! It wouldn’t be hard to add detail to the roof if that’s what you’re going for!

thats exactly what im going for i just could not quite figure it out but its so easy now thanks to ur big brain hahaha ur awesome man

1 Like

Yes, it makes it look much better that way.