Suggestions/Feedback on this Preview for my Horror Game

Hello, I was wondering if I could get some feedback or suggestions on my short Horror Game video, based off of games “Do you Copy” and “Killer Frequency”.

The game basis will be: You are working as a radio host on a podcast when you get callers who are running away from some…thing. This thing lurks around the town and you can feel it getting more aggressive as the callers become more panicked. Not saving a caller, or vice versa, will have an effect on the game world. Every playthrough is different, because callers are also different every time. I already have 50+ caller ideas and many more coming soon.

Please criticize as much as you want, and any idea for the game is a good one of course this isn’t the full game, and was only made in 5 days so I will continue to work on it but I wanted some real constructive feedback.

10 Likes

Watched the video and it looks nice.

The GUI design is very lovely and looked intuitive (to me at least). Would definitely want to see where this goes.

3 Likes

Looks great man, very promising. Although I cant provide much criticism or feedback because there’s not so much we can do with a 55 second clip. What I can say is that the UI and sound design is already very good but the room feels a little empty. But so far the game looks awesome man great job.

2 Likes

Looks very good right now, would love to see where it goes!

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for the kind words! I plan to add many different callers and monsters/enemies and make each playthrough different for replayability. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Horror games benefit from good lighting. I would definitely say to work on the lighting of ur game to give it a bit of extra touch. Along with soundtrack. Maybe just have a bit of paper rustling in the background, or a squeaky window, or some wind. y’know, bread crumbs. Maybe lower the ambient value in lighting, adjust colors, increase Shadow Map size, etc.

2 Likes

if this is a preview/trailer, its not telling me a whole lot, cause not a lot happens. U probs need one final scene, which is more like: i need help…

Even a short preview needs a bit of story, cause only the game basis tells me what the preview is about for the most part. It also doesn’t give off horror game vibes (which can be fine for an opening scene, but the preview should still end off a cliffhanger for suspense purposes)

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback, by the way i am making a complete preview rn and also working on an original soundtrack for the game. This was just mainly just an extremely bare gameplay mechanics overview before i work on the real main story.:+1:

2 Likes