Sunsetting Clans

I believe they said it would go to the group and logically it should anyway.
The group owns the clan, not the player that purchased it.

Edit:

Iron_Legion stated this:
" What about the Robux that I spent purchasing a Clan?
All users who purchased Clans will receive a refund. If the Clan was purchased with group funds, the refund will be deposited into group funds. Please allow some time for this to happen."

1 Like

I purchased clans from my personal balance, not funds.

1 Like

According to the OP, it should go into your personal funds if i’m interpreting his statement correctly.

2 Likes

It’s been a month since the update and I haven’t received any refunds for the clans I purchased (been checking all the tabs in my transactions page and the groups). Can we get any information on roughly when the refunds will start being distributed?

5 Likes

Same here, no refunds for me yet either.

2 Likes

Likewise. Though, a question on whether the robux goes to the owner or the group funds?

3 Likes

Depends on who bought the clan and how was it paid for. If with personal funds it’ll go to whoever bought the clan and if with group funds then it goes to funds

2 Likes

I purchased the clan as the group owner, not sure whether it will go to the group funds or not since I’m not sure which I bought it from, though thanks for answering!

1 Like

Great to see more updates! Clans weren’t used as much in my opinion. Excited to see what’s coming next.

Just got a refund.

6 Likes

Same here, glad to see refunds have been handed out.

4 Likes

Good news! The time has come.

All users who have purchased a clan should have had their Robux spent on the clan refunded.
If the clan was purchased with group funds the refund should have gone to the group and the owner of the group should have received a private message (not necessarily the user who purchased the clan for the group).
If the clan was purchased with user funds the user should have received both the refund and the private message stating which group was refunded.

• Groups that have no owner or have been locked did not receive a refund.

If you have any issues please use the support form: https://www.roblox.com/support
Thanks for your patience!

17 Likes

Is this for all groups or just ones where the clan was purchased with funds? Because I’ve not received a refund for a few clans I purchased on really old groups that I abandoned ages ago (and let’s face it, are probably gone).

1 Like

Press F

3 Likes

Both, if there’s no owner of the group then there’s no refund.

Quite annoying considering I still paid for it with my own personal funds.

1 Like

I totally agree, I’d probably get 2k just by refunds from abandoned groups, but I believe it’s to prevent old accounts or accounts in general to gain Robux, it would destroy the value of the currency.

1 Like

I disagree. Refunding a product (even if years later) wouldn’t damage the economy, it’s a shift of funds from the void to the original purchaser rather than the creation of new ones.

Of course, that’s real economics; not Roblox.

3 Likes

It would actually destroy the economy and cost Roblox real life money. Each clan refund is 500 Robux and if it’s spent on games then developer can DevEx if enough buy people gamepasses/developer products.

Eventually if you’re still concerned fill a feature request regarding it.

2 Likes

Please create a new thread for further discussion on anything above, this is solved

1 Like