Surface Appearance Trouble

Issue with Surface Appearance

I made a texture for a statue in Adobe Substance 3D and exported them to studio to add them to my model for surface appearance.

When I added all the maps to the model for the surface appearance, the texture was just a solid color from the color map without any of the other maps added to it.

Capture

As you can see in the photo, the torso looks nothing like the head (which I textured using the same software and very similar brushes to create). I exported them both the same way and added them the same way, so there’s no reason that it should be doing this as far as I can tell.

Can someone help me?

1 Like

Another thing is that I uploaded the texture for the torso as a decal and it was not moderated, so it’s not a moderation issue. I published the place and it still didn’t work. I feel like I’ve tried everything I can but nothing works. Does anyone know the solution?

1 Like

Did you make sure to UV unwrap the mesh? Perhaps you uploaded the mesh to Roblox and then UV unwrapped and didn’t put the UV unwrapped version in? That’s all I can think of.

I don’t think that’s the issue, as when I tried to import it to blender it said “relative paths cannot be used with unsaved scenes”.

Export the model with substance painter, if you haven’t already.