Surface Appearance with transparency alpha mode creates white film around edges

It’s pretty self explanatory but all you got to do is to have an image with full transparency and place it on surface appearance with the alpha mode at “transparency”

what it does is seem to ignore the color of the texture and then when its zoomed out it is all white

Expected behavior

What should happen is it should maintain its appearance just like how it looks close up
Notice how it is clear close up however its practically impossible to see what is on the texture farther out? it’s a pretty severe bug since it makes the surface appearance for transparency mode pretty ugly

A private message is associated with this bug report

3 Likes

That isn’t a bug. You need to bleed out your pixels. Not sure what is your software of choice so I recommend googling: bleeding out transparent pixels (program of choice)

Edit: Including this solution to the post so that it can be visible as well. Thanks, @desinied for pointing out an alternative solution :smile:

4 Likes

i use clip studio paint but im not entirely sure if i can fix it with that program

3 Likes

As I see this was solved already, just wanted to leave this here for anyone who doesn’t have the option to bleed pixels in their program of choice.

5 Likes

Tried it out and it works really well, thank you so much!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.