Surface Gui seems not working in Viewport Frames?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Make a character display for a cloth editor im working on

2. What is the issue? Surface Gui seems not showing (Rendering?) inside a Viewport Frame

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Well making the Surface Gui a Decal is a solution… BUT, im using a Sprite Sheet for the face meansss i need the ImageRectOffset for it, and neither decals or textures have it.

Heres a video of it

and the setup of viewport

2022-05-16 (2)

Also im using the same Model as the Character’s Model so there’s no way that’s the issue.

And made sure the image is set up to front face of the mesh.

Screenshot 2022-05-17 123101

yup, the face should appear as well which is a surface gui, like the one on the character

The surface gui should be here.
EXAMPLE5

Rotate it 180 or 90 degrees.
EXAMPLE6

ive done it, and made sure the front face is facing the camera or the camera facing the front face

and nope, didnt work

1 Like

I have tried once to use SurfaceGui inside ViewportFrame, and It didn’t work. I wanted an image in the viewport so I ended up using Decal which worked fine. Perhaps you could try using Decal for the face inside the viewport?

im trying to use less assets for the game as much as possible thats why, and since its just a cloth display ill just remove the face.

But i might encounter this problem someday and try to find a work around, putting Decals instead of Surface Guis works.