Surface GUI strange glowing effect

Hello! The whole problem looks like this:

As you can see, I have a light blue glowing effect on top of these surface GUIs. I had made some billboards with them a few months ago and everything was completely fine until now. Strange, but I can’t see this issue inside Roblox Studio, surface GUIs over there are rendered right:

Note, that all surface GUIs adorned to their respective parts, inactive, have light influence set on 1, have AlwaysOnTop property set on false and don’t have any scripts or effects inside. There are just some decals and text labels. Does anyone know how to fix this or is it just an engine bug? Any help appreciated!

2 Likes

Try lowering the Brightness property. This might fix your problem.

Should I change it via script? Because I don’t see this property in Properties window

Upd: I tried to change it via script but nothing. It changes the brightness of a surface GUI but doesn’t remove this light blue glowing effect.

Did you change anything with the lighting in the area? If so maybe lower the reflectivity of the blocks the surface GUIs are on.

No, I was working on Zombies AI and guns, I didn’t change anything with the Lighting for a few months or so. Parts that surface GUIs are adorned to have Reflectance property set on 0 as well.

I’m quite sure it’s an engine bug. There’s a bug report already:

1 Like

You need to disable the AlwaysOnTop property and set LightInfluence to 0 in order to lower the brightness.
This is a new roblox update that adds glow effect to surfaceGuis.

Oh much thanks! I hope they will fix this soon.

1 Like

This was already done. And light influence set on 0 just disables the whole influence of environment light which makes the billboards ridiculously bright, so that ruins the atmosphere as well.