Surfacegui Button Clicks/ Taps Not Firing On Mobile/ Touch

This just started occurring recently within the last few days. On mobile or touch when attempting to click/ tap a button the event is consistently not firing. Tested on multiple different mobile devices, accounts, games, and button types. Seems to be specific to Surfaceguis in general, attempting to use other Button APIs such as button1down, button1click, touch tap, etc all fail.

Observable in all games with Surfacegui buttons, but these games are just a few examples:

Destruction Simulator - Gamepass boards near the shop/ sell buttons and on the area level unlock boards.

Pet Simulator - The coin purchase boards next to the fountain.

Zombie Attack - On the shop board in the lobby/ spawn that sells coins and gamepasses.

Really appreciate the help fixing this, itā€™s causing significant revenue loss for many games who facilitate transactions and other gameplay mechanics using Surfacegui buttons! Thank you!

2 Likes

Can confirm - really hurting revenue right now.

2 Likes

Looking into this

1 Like

FYI, I would recommend using the ā€œActivatedā€ event on GuiButtons (some info is on this page: https://www.robloxdev.com/api-reference/class/GuiButton). This generally behaves better for touch especially.

Still looking into if something changed recently.

1 Like

Thank you!

Swapped in Activated and that seems to be working.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure why, but Activated isnā€™t working for me unless AlwaysOnTop is on. I really need this fixed today :c

( MouseButton1Click seems to work with AlwaysOnTop on as well, but I donā€™t want that enabled )

1 Like

Iā€™m still trying to track down what changed, nothing obvious is appearing. Going to keep looking. Could you send me a code sample of activated not working?

So I tried many old versions of Roblox (builds that are half a year old) to see if we regressed with button clicks on mobile, and it seems like none of them work. Is this a new issue? Iā€™m going to work on a fix so this works in the future, but Iā€™m not entirely convinced this just started happening either.

Pretty sure it is new, when I was testing my game a few weeks ago on mobile it was working fine.

1 Like

Hmm ok. I was never able to track down the regression, but I am putting in a ā€œfixā€ that will enable this to work. I still recommend using Activated instead of MouseButton1Click in any place that you want to track when a user ā€œclickedā€ or ā€œtappedā€ a button (it also works with gamepad selection ā€œclickā€).

MouseButton1Click will be deprecated at some point in the future with devs being encouraged to use Activated.

1 Like

@alexnewtron do you have a repro of activated not working that I can use?

this bug should be fixed now

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.