SurfaceGui TextButtons not responding

So I’m trying to use SurfaceGuis for control terminals, and I’ve run into a small problem: none of the buttons are responding. I don’t know what I’ve done wrong: the SurfaceGui is in PlayerGui and the adornee is set, but the buttons don’t even change colour when the cursor goes over them, let alone trigger clicked events.

I’ve even checked over each button’s properties, and I don’t see any reason why they wouldn’t respond. No, I didn’t mistake TextLabels for TextButtons again (that happens a lot…).

4 Likes
2 Likes

I’m testing in studio, not on a mobile device. The buttons don’t respond in any situation.

1 Like

Is there perhaps an invisible part covering the Surface Gui? That’s the only reason I can think of that’d make it not respond.

7 Likes

The screen part is only very slightly offset forward from the frame, come to think of it (I think by 0.01 studs or so). Do SurfaceGuis still have problems with that?

1 Like

Yeah, if there’s any part in front of the Surface Gui, it won’t respond at all. Doesn’t matter whether it’s invisible, CanCollide false, etc…

Deleted the offending part and it worked - though the part was behind the SurfaceGui (again, only by 0.01 studs).

Sadly even if it’s 0.01 it’ll still get in the way. (If it’s 0.001 it’ll just be glitchy - sometimes reacts, sometimes doesn’t)