Survive the Killer like jumpscare

So I´m trying to make a jumpscare similar to the ones in Survive the Killer.
I´ve literally tried everything but for some reason I can´t seem to get it to work.
All I need is a simple function that faces the camera into front part of the head of the killer, and follows it.
It should be a pretty simple script, but I just set the camera to attach and the killer´s head to the camera subject, it faces the head from behind.

1 Like

One way I could think of doing this would be to create a new small part that would be welded to the killer, facing the their face. (Or in the spot you desire it to be)

Then set the camera to scriptable and set its CFrame to the part for the player that died.
After which just delete the part after the jumpscare has ended

If I’m not wrong also this way should be able to be done solely on the client as well

2 Likes

Hey! So I found an easier way to do it, I just created a simple loop that uses the CFrame of the head itself, and changes the rotation and distance to adjust it to look right.

local head = killer:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

sfx:WaitForChild("jumpscare"):Play()

camera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable

local updator = game:GetService('RunService').RenderStepped:Connect(function()
		camera.CFrame = (head.CFrame * CFrame.Angles(0, math.rad(180), 0)) * CFrame.new(0, -0.8, 5)
	end)

player.CharacterAdded:Wait()
	task.wait(2)

updator:Disconnect()
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.