Suspect activity - Kicking from own teamtest server

Hello, I’m working in team with one guy and today we’ve met the problem. Instantly for no reason we started to get kicks from own teamtest server. This is strange, because even previous backups of game are affected.
Two strange factors: It started today and never happened before, Kick message returns Error Code 267 (which is as I know the code of kick message once player:Kick() is ran)
What was done:
• Ctrl+Alt+F - Global find on keywords “kick”,“:Kick(” and other activity.
• Same global find for keyword “IsStudio” - in case if script trys to hide himself once test run in studio (Play button, not a test/local server)
• Removing admin for testing possibility of such.

I ask for help here and not at Game Design because I’m ran out of ideas and feel it’s something about scripting. So, if anyone can actually advise something about how to find this “something” or about what can cause this. Thanks for any help to solve this issue.

Maybe check every :Clone() and require() etc. it can be also problem.

Or try to run the game from Server and try to look if there is not any new script injected.

1 Like

The thing is if would try to use :Clone() or require() - then it needs instance to clone / module script to run. As I know you can require already existing module scripts only. So, It should anyway mention :Kick() in any way.

You can require model assetid. Just try to search through all scripts.

1 Like

Never knew for my shame. Thanks, I’ll watch if there is something strange.

No problem if this does not help try to send here yours and the other guy’s plugins.

1 Like

Welp, I found some strange stuff there with require. Never used FM with scripts… I’m scripter and my friend actually loves toolbox lol. Anyway, thanks very much to u.

It is okay things like this are happening every day glad that you found that backdoor and I wish you good luck with your developing :wink:!

2 Likes