Suspended users should be automatically unfollowed and notify everyone who followed the suspended user

As a Roblox developer, it is currently too hard to keep track of my following, As I usually follow people I usually appreciate so I can find more appreciative posts from them

You should also be notified when one of the people you follow gets suspended, so I can check which one

Here is an example of what it may look like

(I am not actually suspended, It’s just an example)

If Roblox is able to address this issue, it would improve my experience using the forum because I am easily able to view my followers list without seeing any suspended users

5 Likes

Respectfully it’s none of your business when someone has been suspended, and suspensions are not always permanent.

13 Likes

I know, but when someone gets suspended, their followers’ feed will be useless when they try to achieve something, also Strike Three exists which is a permanent suspension

also does that mean I should leave suspended users alone in my following list?

I see where you are coming from with this, but this wouldn’t work out in practice

No platform does this. If they are unbanned, they’d have to start over from Scratch. It’s the same reason you don’t automatically unfollow a Roblox developer when they are terminated, you have to go in there and unfollow them yourself

They suspended me for 2 years, and I pretty much thought it was permanent until an arbitrary decision was made to allow me to post again. This was due to my problematic posts I made back when I was a weird teenager.

1 Like

I was falsely suspended when an exploiter used some sort of exploit on my game to force my account to say terrible rule-breaking things. This suspension lasted around 3 days before my appeal went in and it got sorted. It would suck if I lost all my followers because of an issue like this.

I don’t think this is a good idea.

1 Like

I just can’t unfollow them when they are suspended, now they’re stuck in my following list, just can’t, If they are permanently suspended, that would make sense

I make problematic posts yet I didn’t get suspended???

Well, The Devforums followers only has a purpose of getting notified

and I do want to get notified when they make a post

also your point would be valid if this was some social media like twitter, but this is the devforums, so it is invalid

3 Likes

why would you even follow people angway

to get notified when someone who I found useful makes a topic

Respectfully, I disagree

I had no clue about this specific problem. It would be better if they would fix this. This has been a feature present on Roblox for the longest time, you would click three dots on a terminated account to unfollow them. I wonder if they can work with Discourse to incorporate this

We all make problematic posts from time to time. Just because you haven’t been suspended now doesn’t mean you won’t be suspended later

True, but if that user is unbanned, as Gamer in this conversation was, wouldn’t it be better to know that when you start getting notified again instead of having to find and follow them again?

Exactly

Calling my opinion invalid doesn’t automatically disperse it. It’s still an opinion, and I’m not looking to start any arguments. I disagree with your opinion, yet I don’t call it invalid, right?

And I don’t see exactly what you mean on how this would apply if this was a social media platform like Twitter.

The official definition of “Social Media” is as follows:

“websites and applications that enable users to create and share content or to participate in social networking.”

In this case, the DevForum could be considered a social media, a Twitter like platform of sorts, but it only serves Roblox developers. We make posts, people can like and reply them, I really don’t see the difference.

Keep in mind the reason I subscribe to someone on YouTube is to get notified about their new videos. Yet, YouTube is still a social media, as per your definition and not the official one correct?

In this case, YouTube is a streaming platform and not social media

1 Like

Read the definition of social media again. YouTube is an application/website that allows you to create and share content (videos, livestreams, community posts, shorts, etc.) and we can then like, comment, and have discussions regarding the videos

just imagine :skull:

2 Likes

LOL

also that picture is used as an example of a followed user being suspended

Hey folks as indicated earlier in the thread, we agree this is not something that should be implemented as it impacts the privacy of the affected user.

Please going forward keep in mind that feature requests should be about problems instead of very specific solutions, as the latter makes it very hard to respond for us since your specific idea is not likely to be aligned with how we see things on our end. If you focus on the problem instead the discussion can be more open and we can talk about different solutions for your problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.