Switching from script editor to the place freezes studio for an insanely long time

I have noticed that my studio keeps for an insanely long time a lot lately, this is causing me to be unable to work on my game for really long times.

Specs:
Windows 64-bit,
i7 9700k,
rtx 2070,
32GB 3600mhz ram
m.2 SSD gen3.

Steps to repro:

1. Open a script in the script editor.
  2. Stay in the script editor for about 1+ hours.
  3. Switch from script editor to the place / Close the script editor.
  4. Studio freezes depending on the time you were in the script editor.

I had no beta features enabled.

This happens in any script.

4 Likes

I am having similar issues with other parts of studio. I haven’t scripted so I can’t comment in the script editor, But every time I publish, save, or play test it lags for a few seconds. Publishing which usually is instant takes 15-20 seconds, same with saving. Play testing takes about 1 minute to load, and auto saving lags for a second. I wasn’t experiencing any of this before the latest studio update as of yesterday.

I don’t know all my specs, but heres what i know
Windows 64-bit,
i5-4590,
NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti,
12GB ram,
I don’t know what SSD I have

It happens in every one of my projects, all different sizes. The Current one im working on is brand new so there isn’t much in it but it still lags upon publishing, saving, playtesting, or auto saving.

1 Like

Please include which beta features you have enabled, maybe capture a program dump while Studio is frozen by following the bug report requirements.

Oh sorry, i forgot about that.

I had no beta features enabled.

This issue is still happening and it is VERY annoying, i have been in a script for about 6/8 hours, switched out of the script editor because i wanted publish it and i always exit the scripts before publishing because thats what i always do.

My game has been frozen since 20 minutes ago and i still cannot publish the game so that i can finally turn off my computer.

I am literally being forced to stay at my computer or to stop working because of this issue.

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Please note that filling a bug report does not guarantee that it will be fixed once triaged.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for filing this bug report. This is closed as cannot reproduce. If this bug is still occurring please file another bug with more information.