Sword Art Online Burst: Floor 8

Floor 8 for my RPG (Kythor built 1-7 so far) is built by me and it’s been ages since I’ve actually built a large map so I’m happy to introduce Floor 8! Based off of the flowery floor from SAO, I tried to copy the image from the show as much as I could. Here’s the result. This floor should be live within the next week I hope!

Cool stuff!

While I have yet to beat floor 5 (level 13 or so, as I don’t spend ages on grinding XP, nor have anything but Skydusters), I must say I have great expectations for what lies behind the chamber with the minotaurs.

As for “what you could do better”, obviously there’s the mismatch with the flowery field. Personally, I would like more quality here, by using grass meshes (and not to say a ton of them), or some similar trick. The weird cabbage fields just doesn’t attract me much.
Those floaty islands resembles ROBLOX Battle

[quote] Cool stuff!

While I have yet to beat floor 5 (level 13 or so, as I don’t spend ages on grinding XP, nor have anything but Skydusters), I must say I have great expectations for what lies behind the chamber with the minotaurs.

As for “what you could do better”, obviously there’s the mismatch with the flowery field. Personally, I would like more quality here, by using grass meshes (and not to say a ton of them), or some similar trick. The weird cabbage fields just doesn’t attract me much.
Those floaty islands resembles ROBLOX Battle [/quote]

It was impossible to get a nice flowery effect without using 20k parts. I did make a version using 20k parts though and it looked pretty damn nice. Unfortunately that’s not the best for playability :confused:

What about using CSG ? You make the model once, and then you can copy it for ‘X’ times.

CSG is difficult to use for this. You’d want to get multiple flowers in one single union and it’s quite painful to do especially with the amount of unsolvable CSGs.

Everyone who visited asked if they could walk on one of the islands. So clearly people want to be able to walk on the islands. Therefore, I have made the islands 3x the size (as per the reference image) and…this screenshot was taken on an island.

Nice!! Maybe you could use a texture on that flower patch because right now it looks super plain!

I’m open to any textures you guys know of. I’m having a hard time finding any that match the game style. A lot of the textures seem to be too “real” looking.

If you can’t find any textures that match your game style, then you should create your own or ask for advice regarding it :slight_smile:

I’m open to any textures you guys know of. I’m having a hard time finding any that match the game style. A lot of the textures seem to be too “real” looking.[/quote]

I could try to make a texture that might fill in the details and maybe some flower textures to stick out in place of the colorful cabbage. I’m heading off to bed now so I’d get on that later.

Which do you think would work better:
A texture on the block that is the “grass/flowers”
or
A popup flower texture that I can place in “strips” overlaying the grass, replacing my lame plant meshes?

Edit: The flower monster from this floor

SAOB’s mob builder WarPrince2313 made me this:

Beautiful background with the skybox rays of light :o