Sword Fight And Steal Time | Full source code & models

Intro

Oh well, this is my second time posting this. This game was created by me and a friend for fun last summer and then the owner sold it off to 2 people and then we got in contact with one of the owners who then said the guy who sold it to him said he made it all himself until I joined and then he apologized and said he’d sell it back in a week. At that point, I wasn’t angry anymore and then I deleted the previous post I made on this. And we waited and he sells it to another group after removing all of our credit and saying he didn’t know it was poisoned.

I’m quite done with this game at this point, I tried. It’s not the greatest code-wise but I learned a lot when making it. I’m sorry to everyone involved and scammed in this trainwreck, but it’s clear the game isn’t making a return and I want to make the best of it by allowing people to take what they want from the game itself. I hope you guys enjoy me and @isieskys game contribution. It’s really sad that I’m posting this again after spending so long on it, but it is what it is I suppose.

Features

• :crossed_swords: 40+ swords
  • A functional material-based ui
  • :shopping_cart: A functional shop
  • :crossed_swords: Custom sword handling system
  • :person_fencing: 1V1s
  • 20+ custom admin commands
  • Time & Kills leaderboard as well as a functional donation one
  • :timer_clock: :cloud_with_rain: Time rain function
  • :crossed_swords: :open_book: Sword index
  • Stats UI
  • :gift: Gifting system
  • A lot more tbh

Download

swords.rbxl (4.9 MB)

If you do anything with it, could you provide credit? It’s not necessary but it’d be nice to be acknowledged instead of my role being covered up.

44 Likes

With a good thumbnail and description, you’ll make thousands selling high quality games like this on Fiverr
Game looks very well made, but it’s less #resources:community-resources but a bit more #help-and-feedback:creations-feedback

4 Likes

They aren’t asking for feedback on their creation.

They’re giving out the source code if one of the games they worked on to the community.

By the way, instead than nitpicking on which category this post should go in, you should respect the fact that the OP is giving out an entire game to the community.

5 Likes

I did not thank you!! I was hoping the post won’t be taken down! Some mods are stricter, so it would be considerable to keep it on the safest category possible.

3 Likes

This is a great learning tool for many beginner coders like me. Thanks.

7 Likes

Greatly appreciate this! It’s a great base to build on

3 Likes

The majority of the swords, like the “Bri’ish” sword are unobtainable. Is there any way to add them to the game, like as additional rewards for kills/time, or maybe even allowing admins to enter their ID somewhere giving them the sword?

5 Likes

Woah thanks! I might use some assets from this and change it a little for my game!

2 Likes

Hi, did you ever get the Clans to work , in the swords game?

3 Likes

Nope, sorry. I’ve got the majority of the game functional though. I could send you the game file if you’d like. I worked on it for a bit but I’m done now.

3 Likes

Protip: you do not need to use :WaitForChild() on server scripts for instances that aren’t created at runtime.

And script analysis helps a lot.
NEW HIGH SCORE!!1!

3 Likes

Could I have the game file please. I’m very new to game development in general. I would appreciate it, thank you.

1 Like

This game is amazing. Does it function in R15 as well?

Hey, mind sending me the file as well, I am pretty new to game development, and I love to inspect different types of code to learn myself!

Most of those warnings (well almost all of them) come from local scripts that are what you’d normally run with an exploit back in pre-FE era

There’s also some sketchy obfuscated coroutine in some scripts…

Altho it does seems like at one point in time some kind of localscript-based anti cheat was implemented for player’s speed, jump power and whatnot which could be that, still sketchy tho.

@OP
Great ressource, been digging thro the game’s framework, altho the organization is fairly confusing at first, it’s still somewhat good.

1 Like

Could you show how you did the skin system since thats the main thing I need! If you do i will give you credit in my game for doing this! :smile:

The game doesn’t have a skin system, if you’d like some pointers on how to do it I guess you should look at how it was done on the old game Outrageous Blade
GitHub - ethangutknecht/Outrageous-Blades: A multiplayer melee tournament game on ROBLOX developed when I was 15 years old.

In a nutshell, you keep the same sword but use mesh texture, basically just images.

so like use suphis data store module to hold mesh textures and mesh ids through int values?

Nah just store into the player’s existing datastore their inventory, you just save in the item’s name alongside the quantity (or true/false)

When they join, you just give them the skins in your player’s stats handler

Hahaha! I was like “what could that even be??” and I looked into it and I remembered. At one time, the custom hitbox system I’d made, I didn’t want people to decompile the scripts and reverse engineer it that way, so I obfuscated like

for i = 1,10 do
end

and put that into the script a few times because it’d crash the decompiler since it was so large :skull:

I also am looking back at this code for fun now and it genuinely hurts to see how I could’ve let myself write this. This code is barely even functional, I’m astonished it worked at all, it was not planned at all and improvised so much and just stitched together.