Sword Fight and Steal Time | KillStreak Help

So, I have a sword fighting and steal time experience and I need a killstreak system which I don’t know how to script or make.

The killstreak I am looking for is like a customizable UI above the player’s head that has 5 or more kills without dying. If they die with that killstreak then their killstreak is gone and results in them having to earn it back by killing players.

Can somebody please help or make this?

2 Likes

A way to make this would be to add 1 to a kill streak value somewhere in the script or in the player every time the player gets a kill on someone.

Sadly I don’t script, so I usually hire some people which is hard now becuase I’m low on Robux and I don’t also have a script. Also, the current developers for the game are inactive.

I’m not sure if that possible, even if it is then I would probably mess it up because the script has different things in it and I didn’t even script it.

Oh, it will. I have many things that are linked with the leaderstats and there are different scripts inside the leadederstats script there are scripts for orbs and game passes.

Can you at least try it? we wont know until you give it a try. If it doesnt work just delete and we can start over again

In my game, I have a script that A) keeps track of player deaths and re/spawns, and B) processes hit data from weapons. The full script has a lot more to it than what’s necessary for just a killstreak tracker, so here’s a simplified version:

local AssaultProfiles = {}
local DeadPlayers = {}

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(plr)
	plr.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(PlrCharacter)
		DeadPlayers[plr.UserId] = false
		AssaultProfiles[plr.UserId] = {
			KillStreak = 0
		}
		PlrCharacter.Humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
			DeadPlayers[plr.UserId] = true
		end)
	end)
end)

--// 'PlayerKilledBindable' is a BindableEvent that would only fire when players are killed by others
PlayerKilledBindable.Event:Connect(function(Assailant,Target)
	if DeadPlayers[Target.UserId] or DeadPlayers[Assailant.UserId] then return end
	AssaultProfiles[Assailant.UserId].KillStreak += 1
	--// I would also implement reward distribution and GUI updating here
end

I don’t really understand, but all I’m looking for is an overhead killstreak. That is like if a player kills other players or the same one 5 times or more than overhead they have a killstreak number which is 5 or more and can work with any sword. If you can do that, then I appreciate it!

Try Roblox Assistant, or maybe even ChatGPT.

That said, this won’t stop somebody from coming and spoon-feeding you. Oh well.

Instead of asking that question here on the DevForum, posting your question here may yield better results: