Sword Graphics [CRITICSM + IDEAS]

Hello! I would like to show you guys my sword graphics. That I made from different angled and rendered them.

I need criticsm & ideas.

Information:

It is a fan-art/commision for @ScriptedThunder

It’s just for fun!

I would like ideas on how to improve it & want comments about how it looks like.

A tadbit more information about this graphic fanart/commision

• I made this to show my appreciation to Thunder for helping me program my game
  • I had nothing to do at the time so I decided to make something for fun!
  • I used rigs and used blender.
1 Like

Nice job! However it looks very plain and ordinary, like it leaves a lot to be desired, I recommend adding more detail/effects.

You can take a look at other’s portfolios to gain some inspiration for a style that you like.

If you’re just getting started with blender I’d recommend taking a look at this playlist for guidance.

You could change his face too look more frightened (the red dude). The head looks very tilted back. Try make his arms also do some sort of defensive action. The light in my opinion is too bright. I believe you should make the white dude do some sort of stance with his sword while he’s trying to slash. Make his torso move too. The textures look really nice however.

6 Likes

As said by you, I will in the future add more details/effects and look over other’s portfolio!

I have watched the video you sent me, it is a good tutorial even though I have watched it before.

I’m trying to make the red dude like avoid being slashed by Thunder. so it’s like avoiding to be hit by thunder. I will soon!

1 Like

along with what others said, the poses are awkward and the lighting ruins the mood. specifically, the poses aren’t very dynamic and don’t showcase very much movement.

i doodled a little example to give an example of how to demonstrate movement in a still image:

some effects, too, are okay to use (i.e. the blue “slash” mark i added) to showcase movement. expression, as well like others mentioned, will definitely help with the mood.

hopefully i helped!

1 Like

The red dude looks like he’s breaking his neck, but it’s kind of funny how he looks perfectly chill in the middle of a swordfight ( not in a bad way ).

1 Like