Sword swing animation feedback

Hello everyone! I haven’t animated in about 6 months, and I’m wanting to get back into animating more often! I would LOVE your feedback to see what I could change in this sword swing animation I created to see if there should be any changes, just in case if I’m a little rusty! I would greatly appreciate your feedback! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

well this looks cool, but is this just the only sword attack? Or is it one for like a sword combo sort of thing if you know what I’m saying.

It’s only just the one attack, also thank you!

I think this would personally look weird when moving and attacking. Although if it was inside a combo I think it would look pretty good!

Looks cool but the person must need momentum to jump.

The swing + landing is very satisfying to watch

Very true! Thanks for pointing that out!

Thanks! I appreciate the compliment!

I see clipping in the torso.
That’s all I could report everything is amazing you should continue your career as an animator cause your amazing.

2 Likes

make the character less grey
add colors

He’s made an animation… He deliberately chose not to add colours because visuals are not what he’s going for right now.

Really smooth and fluid animation, I don’t see any hiccups. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

am i the only 1 that sees the sword goes into the ground?

I like it, but there’s one thing that bothers me in specific. When the animation comes to a hault, it just stops. That will cause the player using the animation to linear snap back to their OG roblox idle animation, giving it a low quality look after.

What I recommend changing is probably adding some sort of Easing InOut direction for the ending keyframe.

Other than that, it’s looks good. A bit more work and I think it’ll turn out nicely.

1 Like