Symbols in display name?

I’ve seen some people do this before with the ・ and ゘ symbols; how did they do it?

Here’s a screenshot of the profile:

Saw it on the devforum, here’s what it looks like here:

I’ve tried putting it into my display name but it just says unsupported characters.

And it’s not the browser extensions I’m using; I disabled all roblox-related extensions and her display name is still “・゘・゘・゘・゘・゘・゘・゘・゘・゘・”

My only guess is that this was a bug for a bit and was since patched, am I right about that?

I’m pretty sure it ultimately depends on which platform you change your name on. I think some platforms have different restrictions than on the website so you can try that. Though Roblox Mobile uses the same settings webpage as on roblox.com so maybe try on a different platform than those two.

1 Like

The only platforms I easily have access to are the website, UWP app, and mobile app, and none of those worked for me.

Thanks for the help, though!

1 Like

there was a way to get any display name by using a vpn and setting it to some country (forgot what), i dont think you can do it anymore

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I meant by bug. I only started seeing these display names recently, though.

I think the country was Germany? Either way, I don’t use/will use a VPN since contrary to the advertising, they don’t help privacy at all and are only good at watching foreign Netflix.

I’ll give you the solution for now, though

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.