System Menu Deprecation

Except the QAM isn’t enough, and it competes with space for the tabs. No bueno.

Why isn’t the QAM enough, aside from competing with space for tabs?

Too long to switch out the buttons if I need some. I don’t like changing the viewport size while building because it makes my screen freeze.

Would that issue be alleviated with a better “Customize Quick Access” prompt?

If there was a way to create toolbars, that would work, so that you don’t have to find each individual icon. And also have plugin toolbars included in that.

Isn’t it funny how much that sounds like System Menu?

2 Likes

I didn’t realize a lot of people care about the layout. I guess it’s more of a builder thing than it is for scripters.

Even though I don’t care immensely about the styles, it would be nice to have a compressed ribbon bar. Maybe a nice black theme.

Black Theme is on their trello and marked as awaiting assets, and of course people care it would be ridiculous not to care because that is your work station and you have to stare at it and use it for hours every single day.

As I code more, I tend to look at the script tab a lot more than I do the menu.

Btw, thanks for telling me about the black theme.

I have also been having this issue for quite some time. It does not occur on mac for me. It makes collapsing the ribbon bar useless for me, which inhibits my productivity overall.

Did you see the post I am replying to? It is a persistent bug that needs to be fixed if you guy’s ever want to really transition people over to ribbon bar.

Hey Developers,

Two weeks ago we completely removed the System Menu UI style from Studio. Anyone who was using System Menu was automatically upgraded to Ribbon Menu.

We understand that this change may have been disruptive for the few of you that continued to use System Menu, but we think the benefits of this change outweighed the downsides. We are able to devote more of our time towards testing features which will benefit all developers and will result in a more stable product. Thank you for working with us as we continue to improve Studio.

If you have any questions about this change, feel free to send me a message.

36 Likes