T-Shirt gets distorted when put on a dummy

• What are you attempting to achieve?
    I’m trying to make a T-Shirt.

• What is the issue?
    The T-Shirt image gets distorted when I try the T-Shirt on a dummy.
    Image On Roblox:
    Screenshot 2022-10-20 214830
    Image On A Dummy: (Roblox Studio)

On Roblox it looks perfectly fine, but when you try it on it looks really weird. The edges aren’t straight and some of the text is unreadable. (I’m currently using Gimp on it’s latest version in case you were wondering.)

• What solutions have you tried so far?

1. I scaled the image to a size less than 1024 x 1024.
  2. I scaled the image to a size more than 1024 x 1024.
  3. I tried exporting the image from a different program. (Photopea)

This is because your icon is low res, and it’s being scaled onto the dummy Alwyn h is giving it the low quality look.

How do I make it not low resolution?

Use a higher quality image.

I turned up the resolution a lot higher, but it still appears distorted.
Normal Resolution:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 162403
Higher Resolution:

Screenshot 2022-10-21 162024
---- They look the same

does it look the same in roblox games? or just only in roblox studio

Yes, it also happens in game. It gets worse when you zoom in closer to the image.

ROBLOX automatically scales your images, in the case of shirts, it’ll scale it to the size goal automatically. You could have a 2048x2048 square image and upload it and it’ll consistently look the same; though if you uploaded a 256x256 square image it’d be more pixelated. So whatever it has to do to get it to the needed size, it’ll do.

I count on ROBLOX updating this in the future and allowing us to upload higher resolutions; especially with PBR textures. I texture in 4096x4096 and to have the detail destroyed sucks.

I also wanted to add that it gets pixelated because the image is no longer in 2D form. All your t-shirts/shirts will look more accurate on the website than when they render in a game.

You’re saying there’s no solution to this?