Tab width incorrectly vary based on editor zoom level

Hello!
When you want to align assignment operators using the script editor they are not consistent for everyone.
For example, here I have aligned my operators using tabs:

Here are the same block of code, but I have zoomed in once:

And here is the same block of code, but zoomed out once:

I have not changed anything in the editor other than zooming in/out.
This is very frustrating using Team Create in a big team and I guess the tab indentation should not work this way.

I strongly suspect this is an issue when people are using different fonts and font size as well.

Hope you can do something about it!

Best Regards,
Napplesticks

4 Likes

Tab is fundamentally not meant for text alignment both in and outside of roblox, you should use spaces for your editor instead if this is what you want. I believe there’s a studio setting for this. Your whole team will want to set this or you’ll be mixing tabs and spaces, and you’ll probably want to convert existing code as you go.

1 Like

I do agree with you that the use of spaces is an approach that works in this case.
However, I do not agree with you that it is desired behavior that the space width alignment should differ based on the zoom level. I’ve tried in both notepad++ and visual studio with tabs and both of them handles the zoom level perfectly.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you’

We’ve completed a fix for this, let us know if it works for you or if you see any issues. Thanks!