Tag - Open source game made with basic Object Oriented Programming

Hi all,

After studying Object Oriented Programming for some time I decided to go ahead and make a small game with it. I’m sure there are improvements I could make to the code, but it’s nicely organized and is a sufficient display of how OOP can be used in the framework of a game. Obviously you could easily create this game without OOP aswell.

The game is uncopylocked and free for anyone to use. Don’t feel pushed to give any credit if you use code from this game. If any more experienced developers want to give feedback on the code below, feel free to and I’ll update the game accordingly. Hope this helps some people!

Game description:
One person is chosen as a tagger, they’re given a slightly higher walk speed (calculated by the number of players) and 50 seconds to touch all the other players and eliminate them. If they haven’t eliminated everyone by the time the 50 seconds ends, the players win.

19 Likes

Can you give us a description of what the game is about??

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve added a game description to the end of the post.

1 Like

This is amazing the code looks well organized and really neat. I love the flow of the game and the aspect it brings. However, I think there is a problem at the round end. When testing the game I found that if the tagger does not tag everyone in the set amount of time it does not teleport everyone back to the lobby or “Original spawn point”. It also glitches to where the game system will no longer run until everyone has died that is still playing.

However other than that the overall game aspect is amazing and looks great. I think you did an amazing job on this.

1 Like

I noticed this was an issue a few days ago and patched it. When did you take the source?

1 Like

Oh that’s my bad. I was looking at the game on the day you published this post. Well either way I think its really great.

3 Likes

Sorry to bump, and I’m sure you don’t care about this anymore, but if u walk on for a while when waiting for players, on the invis part, u fall off the map. Maybe add walls, its kinda simple

Very organized. This makes me want to learn OOP :smiley: