Taking high quality screenshots

Beware that low end computers will lag when this is higher

3 Likes

I completely forgot you could do this. Thanks for bringing this neat trick to our attention again, @thisfall! That scene you’re building looks fantastic, by the way. :ok_hand:

Here’s some information I’ve put together about how you could use this trick in combination with the built-in Roblox FreeCamera tool to get high-quality screenshots of your game while it’s being played in Studio:

Using this Method in Play Solo

FreeCamera :movie_camera:

If you want to use the method described above to capture high-quality screenshots while you’re running the game in Play Solo mode, remember you can use keyboard presses Shift + P to activate FreeCamera - a tool that’s perfect for capturing cinematic shots of your game in motion!

FreeCamera will give you total control of the game’s camera movement and help you get the high-quality screenshot you’re looking for. You can even adjust the FOV with a simple scroll of the mouse wheel! As demonstrated in the clip above, doing so can really change the perspective of your shot.

More Information :memo:

You can find more information about the FreeCamera tool here:

7 Likes

Yes! Now I can take high quality teaser screenshots of my games! Awesome tutorial.

1 Like

I can’t tell you how may times I’ve accidentally done this and thought “ugh now I gotta fumble with the tab to drag the window back”. Now I’ll be dragging the window out on purpose! Thanks a ton!

1 Like

You can take full 4K screenshots regardless of monitor resolution using this method.

Edit: Someone already posted it nevermind

How can we make it like with the sun rise effect cause I have seen your screenshots and apparently studio doesn’t show sun rise effect.

1 Like

Wow awesome I personally prefer to use the emulator but thanks anyways!

1 Like

If you’re talking about the realistic sun, just insert a SunRays effect in Lighting.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :smiley: This will help me fully taking pictures for thumbnails on ROBLOX! :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you so much haha, I didn’t even know this was a thing. I’ll definitely be using this in the future haha.

1 Like

I already know that… I didn’t mention it thoo…

While editing sun rise doesn’t work except you run the game. “Play” and “Play Here” only make it effect. “Run” doesn’t.

What would you set the DPI to if you were to use the Emulator Tool for 4K screenshots?

Thanks! I recently got a new computer which had a much smaller screen, which means my studio screenshots haven’t been the best of quality. It would be nice if there was an option to take high quality screenshots through studio so no matter their resolution to show off their work

1 Like

I don’t recall changing it from the default.

1 Like

Thanks I have been struggling really hard on high quality screenshots. This will help me out a lot for more stuff I release to make it look better quality!

3 Likes

Thank you for your help! Roblox really needs to add a screenshot resolution option in studio settings.