Talent Hub Creator Search Is Inaccurate

Reproduction Steps
Device Info
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.131 Safari/537.36
Platform Type: PC
Device Type: Computer

1. Go onto the page
  2. Use the search bar to try and search for a user

Expected Behavior
If I entered an exact username in the search box, I expect that user to be displayed first or just simply displayed in the results.

Actual Behavior
The results seem inconsistent. For some users, the search functionality consistently displays them as the first result but in other cases, unexpected users are displayed.

Issue Area: Talent Hub
Page URL: Talent Hub
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-08-06 00:08:00 (-05:00)

10 Likes

Thanks for the report! Flagged it with the team and we will investigate

4 Likes

Still having this issue, Does not work for either Job search or User search. (Would make a separate report but I am unable to make a report)

6 Likes

The search bar is really inconsistent, I wasn’t even able to find an user with his username.

Reproduction sample:

1. Search for “xJon_as” (exact username)
  2. Search for “BloxTech” (entry in experience history)

Expected result on step 1:
@xJon_as would be shown up as first entry, as it is the exact username.

Returned result on step 1:

Explanation of the phenomenon:
I have the name “xJon_as” in my experience history, and seemly the Talent Hub searches on experience history.

Current workaround (for your own portfolio):
Call your name in your bio, for example:

“Hey! I am Chris (xChris_vC),…”

Adding username as search parameter with higher weight would probably resolve this issue and improve the UX.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the further thoughts! It’s on our todo list - supporting usernames like that is a bit more complicated, as they can change over time etc. The workaround you’ve suggested should definitely tide users over until we can get it implemented!

6 Likes

Still having this issue. I don’t even show up when my name is searched

1 Like

It’s clearly mentioned above this is not supported currently. You should file a feature request if you want by-username search.

@Sentross Maybe convert this into a feature request and amend title to be accurate?

When they’re planning to replace collaboration with the ‘Talent Hub’ in just over 2 weeks, I’d expect it to have username search already. If they can do it on Roblox, why can’t they do it on there? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Peraldon said above it’s not impossible, they just haven’t implemented yet, so file a feature request and try to stay constructive.

Hey - to circle back, this should now be resolved! If you search a username, the top result will be that username (assuming you spelt it correctly, and they have a public Creator Page that is appearing in search).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.