Talent Hub Notification Discord Option

I was checking out the new DevHub UI & I stumbled upon this in settings:

Since many Roblox developers tend to coordinate through Discord, it might make sense to have a Discord bot added to the unofficial Roblox discord automatically DM you instead of sending an email. This would be a better alternative because many Roblox developers do not have notifications turned on for their emails but do for their discords. Of course, if the email system is already implemented it would be better to just keep it and add the Discord as an option. In any case, I know for myself that a Discord message would be more beneficial to me and if this post gets a good amount of support then the idea might be worthy of Roblox looking into adding.

20 Likes

Discord doesn’t have a free-form notification system (has to be through a bot that you’ve allowed to DM you, by e.g. being in the same server as you), so this seems rather arbitrary for Roblox as a company to implement. They would have one of the site options be reliant on the fact that some Discourse bot is in some arbitrary popular Discord server.

Maybe in the future Roblox will provide some sort of OAuth access to your Talent Hub data so that you can implement a bot like that yourself. That’s way more appropriate than it being a first-party feature on the website.

18 Likes

A simple solution would be an API that developers can hook into, so we can build our own applications for our own teams to interact with this to receive notifications and other data in our various application that we use.

8 Likes

This is a pretty good idea and i support it. I don’t check my email often but i have Discord open 24/7. Another idea is just to add notifications using the browser:

6 Likes

What about Guilded the thing Roblox Acquired I think it will be good

3 Likes

I’d probably never use it, unless doing commissions. Don’t want to get off topic here, but I feel like if it were to be used by roblox, it would be filtered to hell. Regarding the original post, I feel like desktop notifications via the browser would be a good option. Maybe a webhook through discord would work (i have no clue about anything pertaining to scripting-) And as buildthomas said, it would be pretty arbitrary for a company like roblox.

4 Likes

Or, even Guilded now that Roblox holds the company.

4 Likes