When a player switches to a new team in-game, the chat notification that appears only shows the first word as the name. If there is a space in the name, everything after the space is excluded.
- Insert multiple SpawnLocations.
- Insert Teams.
- Insert multiple Teams into the Teams folder.
- Give each team a name with a space in the middle.
- Set each SpawnLocation to correspond with a Team.
- Test the game and jump from spawn to spawn. The malformed chat notifications will appear.
I’ve created a file that matches the repro steps above. You can download it here:
TeamChatBugRepro.rbxl (24.5 KB)
You can also experience the issue by playing Speed Run 4, which has team names with spaces.
I assume this issue has existed for a while but nobody has bothered to report it because it’s obscure and just a cosmetic issue. I found the line of code that generates the message (
Chat.ChatModules.TeamChat:168), but nothing about it seems problematic. I’m able to run it in the command bar with expected behavior.
In my professional opinion, ¯_(ツ)_/¯