Team create accountability and moderation

I would like to preface this by saying, I don’t typically post on the devforum however this issue has recently come to light for me.

As a developer who uses team create regularly on a large amount of places, the issue of accountability when it comes to other users actions in your experiences.
This stems from the fact that when in team create added users are able to violate ToS without facing any direct punishment instead having the owner of the experience take punishment.

This presents an issue, when you have 10s or 100s of experiences there is no clear way to see that you have added someone to team create, as when you added them you may have trusted them with the safety of your account, though in future this may not be the case later on and removing all access can be tedious.

Along with this the fact that one user can be punished for the actions of another that they thought they could trust raises issue as previously mentioned the owner can be punished without the offender feeling any impact. This could lead to users attempting to use team create to get other developers banned, or avoiding a ban through a disposable account.

To solve these issues, I’d suggest:

• Adding to studio display for owned experiences that are being shared via team create
  • Punishing based on the user who inserts the offending assets instead of the owner, via some form of action tagging system.
2 Likes

This has already been requested before, and there’s no plausible solution. There is no way to tag an asset to a user. What if another user modified the asset? An asset can also be programmatically created, and it’s not easy nor efficient to know who created the asset of its created this way.

Roblox also clearly states in their TOU that the game owner is penalized if something happens within the game. You’ve already accepted these conditions so there is no point in blaming another for doing something malicious. This isn’t some stupid rule that Roblox made, it’s there because it’s almost impossible to know who inserted an asset. Just be cautious to who you choose to be in your team create.

As the game owner you are responsible for all actions associated with your game, so you should be careful with who you trust to be able to edit it.

Instead of adding your collaborators to your team create, you could ask them to create what’s required of them in their own workspaces, then ask them to send a file of their work for you to import into your game (which only you and people you really trust would have access to).

This would help you manage your team create easily and also stop anyone from potentially sabotaging your game and as a result, getting you in trouble.

As far as I am aware (I forget if it’s InsertService or SelectionService) but developers are capable of being able to find out who placed what in studio - this also works for assets inserted through the toolbox.

The problem is, you can say this as much as you want in hindsight and have a ton of trust in an individual, but you can’t always predict what will happen, and it’s not right that the person who owns the place should be penalized for the actions unwaranted by another user under that game.

Being blamed and having action taken to yourself for something someone else does while the person who committed the action goes unpunished is really unjust, and wrong - despite what it says in the TOU.

2 Likes