Team Create chat does not send messages to friend most of the time

99% of time, when I write a messange to all or to a friend in the chat of teamcreate, it simply does not show up, but if we wrote to only 1 friend and go to the roblox website chat, it will show up.

It happens in the Team Create chat window. This bug has existed for a long time. It started the second time I tried the chat, a long ago. First time it worked. But it still was here, in the last and all (I believe) older versions of Studio.

See under for Screenshots and videos of the bug;

The steps to reproduce the issue are:

• Active TeamCreate;
  • Open the chat in the View option;
  • Load a friend;
  • Send a chat to your friend.

It might work, but 99% of the time it does not work.

For those that still not understand, it’s simple: One developer write, it send the message in the chat, but the others cant see it (the player that wrote the message self included). The Images:
Screenshot_1 Screenshot_2

Extra information:

• My time zone is GMT+1
  • My friend wrote me “Hi” at 19:11 and I answered at 19:18 with “Hello” (so today the 23/05/2020, day/month/year)
  • The whole thing was written in private (picture:

)
  • I now am trying to sending these: +/-“why people as” + “TEST MESSAGE!!!” and I tried to sending others message that I forgot (+/- 5 hours ago).

I moved the game to a group game, its still was private but if you need that it get public then just ask: NEON - Roblox

Hope studio will resolve this…

~~Eterna

1 Like

What you need to do is just chat again after. Just press the space bar and chat. Makes your chat bubble have a random space in it but oh well. I’ve been having this issue myself and it’s a pain in the butt.

1 Like

This has also happened to me very recently. The chats that a developer sent to me over the team create chat window (in studio) actually sent on the website. I had to click the developers name (when we were both on) to see the chats and then I couldn’t scroll anymore.

1 Like

The TeamCreate chat has always been very broken, probably because most developers communicate via third party alternatives like Discord, so Roblox doesn’t have much incentive to fix it.

I’ve actually made a plugin chat for people who want to keep their communications in Studio:

4 Likes