Team create displaying incorrect PlaceId

After pressing edit on : Arsenal CTE (IN USE) - Roblox

Says I’m in studio of Arsenal CTE

I’m connected to a team create with my friends that have Arsenal CTE open as well

After printing game.PlaceId it prints the id of Arsenal - Roblox (Our actual game)

When pressing playsolo it also prints the same, we use game.PlaceId for datastore branches, the CTE has a seperate datastore branch that we reset more so we use a placeid to change the branch, but since it has game.PlaceId of arsenal, it doesn’t function.

When my friends print the placeid it prints properly

After restarting studio, this bug went away, but considering how flimsy team create is I was worried that it was auto publishing my version to the live arsenal. This does not seem to be the case, but I’d still like to report it, because if it did auto publish, I would have been fairly flustered

(Also they are not in the same universe)

4 Likes

Hi mightybaseplate,
After looking into this issue, I could only find one possible repro for this issue, and that was through a Studio plugin installed on your end that may have called “game:SetPlaceId(286090429 [the ID of the playable Arsenal])”, a Plugin-only lua command which sets game.placeId locally. Fortunately, setting the placeId locally will not affect what placeID Team Create (or non-Team Create place for that matter) Roblox Studio will automatically publish to, since your local place ID is not replicated out to servers. If you run into this issue again, please do not hesitate to update this thread with relevant info.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks for looking into this anyway. I haven’t gotten any more leads to it and never encountered it again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.