Team Create is completely broken, impossible to recover

Let me start this post off by saying that we used to have a feature for shutting down TC servers. Every time this feature is removed, I complain about it and it gets reinstated, only to be silently removed at a later point. My entire team of 18 people can’t work right now, one week before release, because our TC server is completely busted and we have no way to recover it. No other engine has this problem, and it’s completely unacceptable.

About an hour ago, studio started becoming unbearably laggy. People assumed it was a memory leak and tried to rejoin. When you try to rejoin, you load forever. That’s all I know.

13 Likes

Yeah this is really awful, I can’t even insert a part without studio crashing, assuming I can even open the TC to begin with

2 Likes

So it looks like TC fixed itself. Would have been a lot easier if I had a button that could fix it.

1 Like

I’ve been having many TC problems with my team as well.

Super laggy

1 Like

This has happened to one of my projects before and the only solution seems to wait for a couple of hours for the session to be terminated :unamused: if shutting down TC isn’t an option, we need to toggle TC through the place settings (since it clearly is a variable stored in place settings already, just exclusively exposed through Studio).

1 Like

There is actually a way to toggle this through web endpoints btw until Roblox exposes this through the web interface. First, get the universe ID:

Then, you can toggle TeamCreate through

https://develop.roblox.com/docs#!/TeamCreate/patch_v1_universes_universeId_teamcreate

@Wsly @Sharksie

7 Likes

That’s unbelievable, awesome, just saved my team.

We’ve experienced this issue in the last month as well as another odd issue that caused Team Create games to not push updates when overridden with a separate place file. Very buggy and frustrating.

Solution for us was to migrate to using sourcetree and rojo. Since we have branches and version control, there is no need for team create sessions unless it’s on an abstract place used for mapping