Team Create models are having their physics simulated in the workspace even though game is not running

• Describe the bug. Describe what is happening when the bug occurs. Describe what you would normally expect to occur.

When we paste a model into the workspace, or move a model from serverstorage into the workspace, it gets its physics simulated for a bit, making it fall apart.

• How often does the bug happen (Everytime/sometimes/rarely)? What are the steps that reproduce the bug? Please list them in very high detail. Provide simple example places that exhibit the bug and provide description of what you believe should be the behavior.

It happens every time.
Essentially in a team create place, build a model that will fall apart if its physics is simulated. Then cut and paste that model, or move that model into serverstorage and back. You will see its physics simulated, and often not restored.

• Where does the bug happen (www, gametest, etc) Is it level-specific? Is it game specific? Please post a link to the place that exhibits the issue.
  • Would a screenshot or video help describe it to someone? If so, post one.

I’ve created a video demonstrating it (sorry, it’s two minutes long and sometimes I mumble):

• For graphics bugs, it is sometimes helpful to know your system specs, especially graphics card.

This is happening to multiple members of the team with different specs, but I’m running Windows 10, Intel Core i7-6700, 8Gb Ram

• When did the bug start happening? If we can tie it to a specific release that helps us figure out what we broke.

11/29/2017

• Anything else that you would want to know about the bug if it were your job to find and fix it.

When we were trying to figure out what was going on, my partner and I were looking at the model together in the Team Create place; it seemed like whoever copied the model would see it fall apart, but the other client would see the model still intact!

Also, don’t know if it’s related, but I saw a strange behavior (demonstrated in the video) where if we drag a model into serverstorage its hierarchy gets flattened.

3 Likes

Duplicate of https://devforum.roblox.com/t/unanchored-parts-models-in-team-create-move-erratically-when-moving?

1 Like

Yeah, I bet fixing one would fix the other.

It looks like this is because you have the model and the parts selected. You are essentially telling Roblox, “make everything selected a direct child of ServerStorage”, so it puts the parts as direct children of ServerStorage like you asked it to.

Does this problem happen if you select only the model, and not the parts inside of it?

Selecting the parts inside seems to happen on undo/redo and, to my understanding, is a bug introduced a month or two ago.

Can you verify that this is now resolved?

1 Like

It is now resolved. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.