Team Create Now Reloads Assets After Moderation

Hello developers!

Quick update today - We wanted to let you know about a small improvement we made that will simplify your workflows. Previously, if you were in a Team Create session and you uploaded an asset, after it passed moderation, you would have to restart Studio to see the asset appear. Earlier this year, we made meshes automatically appear without a restart. And now…

As of this week, all asset types appear after they’ve passed moderation, without a restart!

Thanks to @itsFrank17, @synth_cat, and @tnavarts for making this happen.

We hope this makes your life easier!

257 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 6 minutes.

This will be so much more useful for team create sessions! Another suggestion for Team Create could maybe be a form of logs for who connects the place when, and what changes are made when by whom. I personally think that would make the workflow for collaboration even easier as well when using team create.

43 Likes

Such a small yet beneficial update, this will improve general workflow as I work with a lot of assets in team creates. Thanks for this little QOL update!

10 Likes

Probably one of the nicer quality of life updates for team create, a small addition but gets rid of the hassle of having to reload studio every now and then to check if whatever assets were approved or not

8 Likes

Thanks for FixTeamCreateAssetNotShowingAfterModeration2 :wink:
On a serious note, I really appreciate these small changes that just improve people’s workflow. Thanks to everyone who made this happen!

14 Likes

This is way better than the current reopening studio to view meshes, good update

9 Likes

Thanks! That was a bit annoying to see so that’s nice that its fixed.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, this is soo useful!

6 Likes

It’s great to see Roblox Staffs continuing to make more quality of life updates to Roblox Studio, Hope to see more updates, Soon!

5 Likes

Just a question, does this apply to all moderation changes, for example will it all of a sudden be moderated in team create if the asset is to be moderated at a later time or if the asset is appealed and approved at a later time, will it appear in team create? Also, is there a performance impact for this, (for example are you constantly polling the asset moderation api).

Other than that, great update! All I want now is the output not to spam errors every time I open a game with a moderated asset.

Assuming the asset actually got approved.

4 Likes

Hmm, we actually deployed this change for meshes a few months ago: was it not working properly for you?

5 Likes

It’s pretty basic right now due to some backend limits: we just catch the initial approve/deny. We want to make Studio’s connection to Trust and Safety more robust over time.

8 Likes

im just wondering, is that the actual flag name? lol

3 Likes

I like this, I was working a game with my friend.

3 Likes

pretty simple has reloads assets to continue make more stuff after moderation quality for working this has been added to roblox studio, hopefully see kinda team create looks like!

4 Likes

Thank you, this is extremely helpful as many times I’ve had to make my co-op partners re-launch studio just for them to see a useful asset to continue working.

This small update should save dozens of hours in Team-Create games!
However, I’m wondering the about preformance of this update and any possible data issues.

3 Likes

I’m worried this will decrease performance on lower-end PCs, and prevent some users from working with more knowledgable devs to increase their own skill in Team Create. This is probably irrational and unfounded though. Good update, will definitely see the benefits of!

3 Likes

This is a really amazing update as I work on team create with 5-6 people… After an asset gets approved… it was hard to know when exactly it was approved, and restart studio, and inform all other people too… Really helps ngl

2 Likes

Finally, thank you @itsFrank17 , @synth_cat and @tnavarts ! This was really needed.

2 Likes