Team Create Places - Failed to upload mesh asset 404

Specs: Intel Core i9-990KF CPU @ 3.60GHz || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 || 24GB ddr4 ram

When not the owner of a Team Create made place, trying to upload mesh assets using Import 3D and Bulk import give an error:

Ive checked that it isn’t an issue with the mesh itself as when attempting to upload these assets in my own place they work. It seems to only be an issue if you are part of a Team Create place and not the owner of that place, I’ve also verified that I have edit permissions for this place. I’ve tried a number of different model formats (obj/glb/fbx) to no avail.

Expected behavior

I should be able to upload meshes when part of a Team Create place even if I’m not the owner of the place, given that I have the edit permission

A private message is associated with this bug report

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

Hey there, in the title you state the error code is 404, can you clarify where you found that error code?

Also is this still happening? Is it happening in a single TC place owned by someone else or in many of them?

The error code 404 appears if you have the console open when trying to bulk import
this issue also seems to happen in other TC places as well, this is the first time its happened to me, however its happened for a few other people trying to import Meshes into a TC place I own. I could import the meshes fine however.

It seems to be the case in this as well, I asked the owner to import one of my meshes and it worked, however when I tried I would get the error

Hey, circling back here, is this still happening? Have you found other patterns that might give us clues to how to replicate this on our end?

from what I can see is it seems to happen if you create a group, then using that groups roles you assign if roles can edit team places, and people part of those groups seem to not be able to upload

Hey we tried to replicate the issue and were not able to find a way replicate.

Here is what we did:

• Create new group
  • Create new role within group (level 200)
  • Give role “Create and edit group experiences” permission (and no other permissions)
  • Assign a user that role
  • User joins experience owned by group
  • User imports (this on works fine)
  • Remove the above permission from the role
  • User imports again (this on fails)

We tried a bunch of other things while the permission was on and were unable to reproduce.

Would it be possible to DM me a screenshot of the roles within the group that is causing this issue and the permissions enabled for the users that experience it?

Also next time you run into this it would be great if you could do two things:

1. Try to create a package (I have a feeling asset manager is the issue, not the importer)
  2. Can you find the studio log files and DM them to me?

Sorry this is still affecting you, it’s a really tricky one to track down

This same issue just happened to us. I’m not sure how to replicate it either unfortunately. But I just wanted to mention that we fixed it by creating a new role and also giving Avatar Items perms and now it works.