Team Create Player Bubbles disappear and reappear despite the player still being connected to the session

Recently, my team has been experiencing an issue in team create where the player bubbles (the transparent orbs that show a player’s name, position and facing direction in Studio) have been disappearing and reappearing without an obvious cause. The player(s) who’s bubbles disappear are still connected to the session and appear in both the Players service and in the Team Create panel.
From our testing it doesn’t seem to depend on an AFK timer, workspace viewport visibility nor the tabbed-in status of Studio so we aren’t too sure what’s going on here… :sweat:

5 Likes

We saw this yesterday (cc @unroot)!

Some notes:

1. I think for everyone in the session my avatar disappeared
  2. My studio was up-to-date, but I may have “reconnected” to the server
  3. Selection wasn’t replicating, nor was the name tag above the person
  4. My changes were replicating, however

I wish I had a full repo, but I don’t!

4 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Hi! Did these instances happen to occur after a period of inactivity? Did you ever experience the bubble disappearing while someone was in the middle of doing something?

It would be helpful to know what OS you experienced this on as well.

1 Like

Hey there, thanks for the quick follow-up!
We aren’t sure if the issue occurs after a period of inactivity as we’ve been unable to reproduce the issue on our own terms (though it happens often on its own). We attempted to test for an “AFK timer” by waiting and checking in on it every 10 or so minutes but were unsuccessful. We haven’t recorded any instances of it happening while someone was in the middle of something.

All of us (my team) are on Windows 11.

1 Like

This issue occurs for me on Windows 11, and restarting Studio did not resolve the problem either. I saw @Quenty in the team create session for a while (both in the evening and the following morning), but I couldn’t find his bubble when I connected both times. I could see my teammates who just connected though!

EDIT: Right after posting this, I tabbed back into Studio again and noticed him selecting something in the Explorer but again no bubble. I was connected for a few hours and he definitely wasn’t, so I’m unsure if it’s actually related to inactivity. I tested restarting/rejoining on my end which still didn’t seem to resolve it.

1 Like

I Had the same bug. I just joined and I was invisible to everyone.

I don’t think it’s related to inactivity.

We’ve just rolled out a change that should mitigate this issue; feel free to follow up if you run into it again. Thanks again for the report!

I’m currently having this issue still. Been having it for a couple of months. Same as the others, I’m on Windows 11. Reconnecting to studio never seems to help. I can right click on someone in the Team Create menu and click “Join” to teleport to their little orb thing but nothing’s there.

Also, whenever they leave they still show up in the team create menu as if they’re still there but the “Join” button is replaced with a greyed out “Loading…” text.

Hi, thanks for reaching out! I think the problem you’re experiencing actually corresponds to this bug. A fix for that is actually being rolled out today; I’ll post an update there once it’s fully rolled out :happy1:

Thanks - it’s not just that, though. Even when they’re properly online, the team create bubbles randomly disappear, which is the topic here. The loading thing was just an added part to that.

Edit: Found out my studio was refusing to actually update until I ran it as an admin. So far I haven’t came across this issue again after getting it to update (which… also seemed very buggy, but that’s a different issue). I did come across something else strange but I reported it on the thread you linked me since it’s more related to that.

Edit #2: Scratch that. Issue is still happening - currently in studio with someone and their bubble disappeared but they’re still connected.

I see, thanks for the info. We’ll investigate this further!

1 Like