Team create publishing while a script editor is open bug

If you save while a script editor is open, the changes you make on that script won’t be published until you close the tab.

Probably not intended?

1 Like

I think this is actually a technical limitation at the moment and not a bug. When you edit a Script in Team Create the changes aren’t applied until you close the Script because Team Create can’t yet live update changes that are being made. As a result when you publish the place it takes the old code if it’s being edited at that moment.

I’d love to see this changed in the future, but it might be hard to make it happen. For example when I want to publish the place and a friend is working on a Script, my studio has to send a signal to my friend that the place is about to be published and then my friend’s studio has to send a signal back with the code that’s being written.

For now you should close all Scripts when uploading the place. :wink:

This is currently intended behavior, or more specifically, a side-effect of intended behavior. Changes made to scripts are local-only until you close the script, which submits the changes to the server. When you tell Team Create to publish, it is not publishing your version, but rather the version on the server. Since you haven’t submitted your changes to the server yet by closing the tabs, it doesn’t know what the changes are.

1 Like

My changes should be replicated to the server whenever I go into play solo or run mode, or whenever I click Publish To ROBLOX in the file menu. In the event I’m working on something that directly affects another script someone else is working on (e.g. an API that script uses), there should optionally be a way to make replication manual, but the default behavior should be what I first described.

Honestly, when I click Publish to Roblox, it should freeze Roblox Studio for a couple seconds, update the studio server with my version and then update the actual place.

1 Like

This is still an issue, when publishing it should automatically submit changes to the server.

I wasted about half an hour wondering why the game doesn’t have a new version after publishing over 10 times.

Either making it automatic or display something else in the output;

"Game Name was published successfully." is miss leading when there are no changes submitted.