Team Create repeatedly loses connection for large places

Reproduction Steps

Open up a place that has many parts, in my case, Aeronautica - Roblox

After a few minutes it will randomly lose connection regardless of whoever uses it, in this case my dev team for the above Group

Expected Behavior

For team create to not disconnect

Actual Behavior

Team create disconnects randomly

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-06-25 00:06:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-06-25 00:06:00 (-04:00)

9 Likes

Update:

After quickly downloading a local place file and then trying to publish to the place results in all publish or save attempts failing after a few seconds each time…

I have been experiencing this issue for the past few months, it’s highly annoying when working on TC projects.

Hi Hyperant, are you still experiencing this issue? Is it consistent or are you able to maintain a stable connection some of the time? Are you able to reconnect immediately afterwards?

Yes we are still experiencing this issue even after reducing the amount of parts in the place, though instead of happening all the time it now happens intermittently (up to several times per hour), and that is only because of the part reduction regime, had it remained unchanged there was no chance of connectivity.

As for being able to reconnect, it reconnects in that you will join back studio again, but again it will shortly disconnect again.

1 Like

This issue still persists with random disconnections being such a major burden to our development cycle and now as of last night, team create is refusing to save to the server at all despite multiple of our devs trying to save to roblox

Even trying to save from a local copy refuses to work.

2 Likes

@Hyperant very sorry for the slow reply (this thread got lost in my list). I hope you’ve found a work around to this issue since then.

We’ve been working on overall improvements to connection stability in studio and will continue to do so. Unfortunately for your case, it sounds like your place is simply hitting the upper memory limits of what TeamCreate servers can presently handle or the upper limits in place size that we present allow. A few suggestions:

• As you mentioned, reducing the number of parts in your place will help a lot. Note that some plugins generate a lot of parts which can really explode the size of your place.
  • you can roughly estimate how much memory your place is taking up by looking at your task manager/activity monitor and see how much memory studio is using. It’s not a direct mapping but if studio is using upwards of 5-10GB you are hitting or close to hitting the limit of what our TeamCreate servers currently allow
  • place sizes are also limited in size, so that’s likely why the saves are failing. I’m not sure what we’re doing about this or when unfortunately. The only solution is the reduce the size of your place. You can always “save to disk” (binary) to estimate place size. 100mb is around what our limit is. Note that assets do not count towards this limit.
  • disabling TC will allow you to exceed the memory limit but not the place size limit.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.