Team Create Reverts Terrain Silently

I was working on Terrain in studio for 30 minutes, when one of our team members disconnected. I noticed my connection status said “Stable” and green, so I continued to work.

30 minutes later, I disconnected from team create. When I reconnected my progress was reverted to where it was 30 minutes prior.

RobloxStudioBeta_Gb2RLkXljM
Note: I will never trust this widget again - it’s caused me to lose hours of work since being added due to the amount of times it lies about your connection status. This widget is harmful to developers and should be removed, or at least give me an option to hide it as I will never take anybody’s word that it is “fixed this time” after losing so much work.

Private DM containing log file:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/team-create-reverts-terrain-silently/517298

I really want to like team create, but the lack of commitment it has to protecting developer time & work makes it really discouraging for us to use. I just can’t imagine other digital teams out there lose progress the same way Roblox teams do. I miss CTRL-S.

11 Likes

Was dealing with this myself just last night.

Inconsistencies with saving on Team Create is a nightmare, particularly with terrain. No indication of what everyone is seeing at all.

Me and my friend were both working with it but had 2 completely different generations on our screens.

I have had a similar problem with my programming in studio. I think I know how to fix your problem (sorta). If you have the output window open while doing stuff long enough, you may see a message eventually saying something along the lines of ‘disconnected’. I find not everything I do after seeing this saves despite connection widget saying “stable”. The solution I suggest is to restart studio soon as you see that message. I find this bug to be extremely frustrating and hope it will soon be patched. Let me know if this helps.