"Teams" Service is gone?

Hi! I don’t know if this is the appropriate place for something like this, but I couldn’t find a better one. I’m in the process of creating a game and I need to create Teams for it but the “Teams Service” seems to be non-existent.

Here’s a screenshot of the Explorer:

Here’s what I think it should look like:
(This is an edited photo)

I did some searching around on the Developer Hub and on the Forums and I couldn’t find anything that pointed to its removal. I also tried showing hidden objects in the explorer, but it was not one of them.

I would really love to know if it got removed. If it’s just a problem with my game, I’d really like to know a solution!

Thanks in advance,
Pr0pelled

3 Likes

Seriously? Roblox keeps removing nostalgic features like we’re some kind of robotic sheep that forget about a feature the instant they’re removed…
How do they not even announcement this?

1 Like

To make the Teams service appear in Studio, run the following code in your command bar:
Instance.new('Team',game:GetService('Teams'))

It’s certainly not ideal but Teams are one of the legacy features that Roblox is trying to phase out, alongside things like FlagStands

5 Likes

I tested this and it worked while using a script. I indexed team service and that resulted in no errors. This confirms teams service is not gone. It is too valuable since many games have integrated it into their core systems. I’m pretty sure there is a dropdown that allows you to enable what services you see in the explorer. You might have accidentally disabled it.

1 Like

I have it here for me, maybe try inserting it
Model > Services > Teams > Insert

3 Likes

Thanks, that makes it show up. I will check the other things people said, but this is the solution for me!

1 Like

I mean it’s easier to do what AWhale_OfATime said in my opinion.

1 Like

I’m personally unable to insert a Teams service using this feature. I’m honestly not even sure why this feature exists :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: Nevermind, it worked when I opened a new place. Still, it’s not a great feature and I’m surprised it exists

Edit 2: ReplicatedScriptService does not seem to do anything and VirtualUser is extremely outdated. Visit also had all relevant members removed in 2017. My guess is this is a graveyard for legacy services?

1 Like

True, both work, I had tried mew903’s solution first, so I didn’t test AWhale_OfATime’s solution. I will switch the marked solution.

1 Like

I remember using this method to insert Teams service maybe you have the service already inserted? Like me.

1 Like

Just go to studio settings and toggle on Show Hidden Objects in Explorer, but you can always insert it back.

1 Like

This is almost like Roblox pushing Rthro, or other stuff the community hates. Tak that dumb rthro character, “Denis”. It had “CLASSIC” in the name, and that made like roblox’s entire community mad. Roblox wants NEW roblox. They want NOHING TO DO WITH THEIR PAST. It’s very sad.

1 Like