Techy's Obby System - All your obby needs in one! [Includes Stage Selector]

Dude, you have the reset progress thingy already done. why havent you updated it yet?

4 Likes

I’ll include some more things, then update.

3 Likes
UPDATE 1.0.3
  • Added togglable Player Collission
  • Added reset progress button
  • Made everything easier. You no longer have to put so many scripts into their places. One script will handle all.
  • Bug fixes & many more

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Already using previous version? Then copy the name of the datastore from SavingScript. Then delete every existing scripts and GUIs, put the new ones. In the model, open “Scripts” script and in line 40, change the datastoreName to the name you just copied so you don’t lose data.

Thank you for using my model in your game.

I will no longer be updating this model. This is the final model. I might update if there are a lots of suggestions or if there is any bug to fix. Thank you for using it.

5 Likes

I don’t think stuff like that should be built in, it makes the obby kit less versitatile, not all obbies have that, the obby system should only include what most obbies share in common.

Instead I think what it need is a good scripting API. For example, an event which fires when a person enters a stage, and then you can connect a function to it.

4 Likes

Everything looks great so far, yet I wonder if you could add props and other obstacles. I think this would be a great addition because some people that would use your kit might not know how to script or build yet. Overall, everything is great so far. :+1: :clap:

4 Likes

I am not adding any obstacle because there are already some kits such as JToH which includes them. And since this is a Obby System, it should include scripts, not obstacles. Thanks!

5 Likes

Oh, okay. Keep up the good work though :+1:

4 Likes

Looking at most replies, you should just make a full obby game completed ready to be monetized and just open source it for them…

Great project, tho I’ll disable some of your features as they literally kill off what, in essence, is a obby game.

4 Likes

This is helpful! Also for my up-coming Difficulty Chart, thank you!

3 Likes

Iv’e noticed when I used the model, some values in configuration do at all. For example, when I tried turning off player collisions in configuration, I made the value true and it did nothing. This also happens with MobileShiftlockEnabled and DeathEffectDisabled. You may need to patch this bug because I had to fix the scripts myself. Besides from that, this is a great open-sourced model and I think you’re really letting a lot of developers start their first game without having to search for scripters.

4 Likes

Thanks! My bad, I didn’t test the model before releasing. I will be fixing all the bugs as soon as I can.

3 Likes

There is also an error in your code. If you buy a donation from a different product, it counts as a stage skip. People can abuse this by buying a 5 robux donation 10 times instead of buying a skip stage once.

3 Likes
UPDATE 1.0.4
  • Fixed all the toggle bugs
  • Fixed skip stage bugs

Special thanks to @Cadxsan for letting me know about the bugs.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Already using previous version? Then get the new model. Delete the old model. Replace the GUI with the new one. Delete stages from the new model if you already have stages in Workspace.

Thank you for using my model in your game.

3 Likes

The skip stage is still broken, but I know how to fix it. This may have been an accident, but you used a normal script in SkipStage instead of a local script. This can be done manually, but you should probably fix this before anybody else notices in the future. Also, you can only assign ProcessReceipt once so even if it’s a local script, the skip is still broken.

2 Likes

But, when I tested in my game with a different product, it didn’t work tho. Did you change the Skip Stage script after update? I made some changes to the script located inside skip stage button.

2 Likes

There is an error in line 6, I believe the script needs to be a local script instead of a script.

4 Likes

Yes, because you cannot teleport a character to a certain part using a LocalScript. You have to fire a event and move character using Script. I will update it soon to fix that.

But can you please confirm the bug. If you buy other dev product, do you still get teleported?

3 Likes

I have no idea, since I am also a noob at scripting. The only reason I was able to figure this out was from the Roblox discord since there are a lot of reliable developers to talk to. All I did was turn the SkipStage script into a local script and then fix some errors with red lines.

3 Likes

Is there any way to change the first stage/lobby to be 0?

Because it just spawns you directly onto the obby instead of the lobby.

1 Like

literally nothing but the spectate works. Do you know why

EDIT: oh yeah this might be why

2 Likes