Techy's Obby System - All your obby needs in one! [Includes Stage Selector]

Did you delete the “Configuration” from the model or renamed anything? I never saw any error like this before.

@starlitmars Sure, a lots of people are suggesting that. I’ll be bringing a quick update to make player’s spawn on Lobby. And teleport there as well, when “Go to lobby” is clicked.

2 Likes
UPDATE 1.0.5
  • Lobby Spawn Added
  • Bug fixes

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you for using my model in your game.

6 Likes

no everything is there and i didnt change the code.

2 Likes

i think it was because the datastores where down before. I will test it now to see if its fixed

EDIT: it works now :smiley:

3 Likes

Decided to make a FAQ post, since a lot of people are adding me on Discord to ask some common question. If you’re having any problem, please read the FAQ below. If your problem still persists, DM me on Discord, Techy#2213

Before you read the FAQ, make sure to mark these from Game Settings > Security (GIF Tutorial)

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ#1

Q: My obby won’t autosave. What should I do?
A: Did you try turning on “DataAutosaves” from “Configuration” of the model?

FAQ#2

Q: I do not respawn on selected stage, but on the spawn location.
A: Some script that instantly respawns might be causing the issue.

FAQ#3

Q: When I click the GUI buttons, it does not work.
A: Make sure you have ungroupped after placing the instances into it’s place. Also, make sure you haven’t renamed anything.

FAQ#4

Q: I get teleported two times when I press the next stage button.
A: Did you insert the model twice?

FAQ#5

Q: The skip stage it pops up, isnt mine.
A: You have to createa Skip Stage dev product first. Copy the id, then paste it in “SkipStageProductId” in “Configuration” of the model.

FAQ#6

Q: This system is easily exploitable. Exploiters can fire event and skip stage.
A: No. Not at all. If exploiter fires event, it will check if the next stage is locked or not. If it’s locked, they won’t get there. So they can’t skip stage like that.

FAQ#7

Q: I always respawn on a specific stage, but others don’t.
A: It probably happened because you turned on Autosave, played. And your data saved. Then you turned off Autosave. In this case, your old data doesnt reset when you turn it off after turning on. So you have to open the “Configurtion” script, change “datastoreName” and reset all player’s data.

FAQ#8

Q: When I put a specific model/folder like statue, donation board etc., the stage selector stops working.
A: Put the following model in game.Workspace.Terrain. If your problem doesn’t fix, put all your obby parts and models in a folder in workspace and name it like “Obby Parts”

FAQ#9

Q: You only included 17 stages. How do I add more stages?
A: It’s super easy. Duplicate the last stage and name it to the next stage name. Suppose, you want the 18th stage. Duplicate 17th stage, move it to next stage position and name the part to “18”

9 Likes

Mobile has shiftlock?- I didn’t know that ;-;

2 Likes

Mobile does not have shiftlock by default. But you can easily add mobile shiftlock with some scripting, as a gui.

2 Likes

The skip stage button now has another bug. When you buy the skip stage, it does indeed skip your stage but it also kills you and spawns you in a random position INSTEAD of your checkpoint unable to get back to your checkpoint unless you press “Last Checkpoint” another button. If there is a spawn location, when you skip the stage, it will teleport you to the spawn.

2 Likes

I also recommend making a button that allows people to hide the guis since mobile players often seem to think the guis are annoyoing.

The Stage Selector don’t work for me and also the stages don’t count on the leaderboard why ? Can i use my checkpoints ?

You can use your existing checkpoints by creating a folder and placing all the checkpoints in the folder and naming it “Stages”.

Your stage selector may not work for multiple reason. These are some common reason:

• You have a statue in workspace with your name. To fix, put the statue in Terrain or put it in a folder and make sure the folder’s name isn’t a character name.
  • You have any previously used script that was for handling the stage or saving it. Just delete them. To safelty delete without losing data, copy the datastore name and paste it in the “Scripts” script “datastoreName” variable.

If you’re still having problem, add me on Discord, Techy#9999.

1 Like

Hello so i started using your Obby system and everything was good but the skip stage don’t work do you know any reasons how i can fix it ? and what cause the problem ?

Not sure why it isn’t working for you. Have you set up a dev product and paste it’s id to SkipStageProductId value in configuration?

1 Like

So I have a problem. I am using a type of portal from this game, and somehow, when I walk thru it, going to a different level, touching checkpoints doesn’t work anymore. What can I do?

1 Like

I couldn’t understand what your exact problem is. Please tell me about it in details in DevForum message, or hit me up on Discord, Techy#2213.

3 Likes

I must say that this looks amazingly good. Does this come with prebuilt checkpoints as I’m having trouble with getting them working in my latest obby.

You can use your prebuilt stages by putting them in a folder called Stages in Workspace. If you meant how you could add more checkpoints, duplicate the last checkpoint, put it into next stage’s position and name it to the next number of the checkpoint you just duplicated.

No what I mean is currently I’m struggling to find a checkpoint system to work correctly. Like when I go onto the next checkpoint, when I reset my character it sends me to my spawn location.

Some instant respawn script might be causing the issue. Plus make sure to enable HTTP Request from Game Settings > Security. Read the FAQ for more info.

This is amazing, everything except for the skip stage works. When I go to buy the skip stage and buy it nothing at all happens, what should I do to try and fix this?