Techy's Obby System - All your obby needs in one! [Includes Stage Selector]

Update 1.0.6
  • New and easier configuration system, you don’t configure with values now. Open Configuration script to configure.
  • New GUI Customization feature.
  • Skip Stage Fixed (Not sure if it was really broken on the previous version)
  • Removed the features that was not working.
New Configuration Script

Open Configurations ModuleScript from the model, and you’ll be able to configure easily.

local Configuration = {

-- Obby Settings --
	skipStageProductID = 1091229735, -- Replace the number with your skip stage id. If you don't want a skip stage, set the number to 0.
	datastoreName = "MyDatastore_1", -- Put the datastore name. It can be anything. Change it to reset data.

dataAutosaves = false, -- If true, player's stage data will autosave and they will spawn on the last stage when they leave and rejoin.
	deathEffectDisabled = false, -- If true, it will disable health bar, and red screen when a character is damaged.
	mobileShiftlockEnabled = false, -- If true, mobile players will have a togglable shiftlock on their screen.
	-------------------

-- GUI Customization --
	guiCustomized = true, -- If you're editing the variables below, make sure to make it true.

buttonBackgroundColor = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255), -- Background color of the buttons.
	buttonTextColor = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0), -- Text color of the texts on buttons.
	buttonTextFont = Enum.Font.SourceSans, -- Font of the texts on the buttons.
	buttonCornerRadius = UDim.new(0, 8), -- Corner radius of every buttons. 8 is the perfect and set by default.

stageNumberColor = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255), -- Color of the number on the GUI that shows what stage you're currently on.
	stageNumberFont = Enum.Font.FredokaOne,

spectateFramePrimaryColor = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255),
	spectateFrameSecondaryColor = Color3.fromRGB(255, 255, 255),
	spectateFrameTextColor = Color3.fromRGB(0, 0, 0)
	-----------------------

}
5 Likes

The skip stage still doesn’t work for me for some reason but everything else does.

3 Likes

The skip stage worked fine for me when I tested in studio. Make sure your skip stage is a Dev Product and you have copied the ID and pasted it in the configurations.

It is a dev product and I did place it in the configurations.

1 Like

Not sure what’s your issue then. Set it’s id to 0 and script a skip stage manually.

1 Like

@Techyfied i created Difficulty chart game, and Your save data is isnt working.Can you fix it and make new model?

It should work as it’s working for other users. You might have messed something up, make sure to read the FAQ and change datastore name, and set DataAutosaves to true.

2 Likes

The Stage Selector worked, but when the game is rejoined, this time it starts over. I think there is a problem.Basicly Save Data isn’t worked.

1 Like

I tried this system before and it works perfectly maybe you forgot to on game settings api references because datastores works like that

The code could be improved a bit

However, great resource

Also how do you make it so that you can add more stages without messing the GUI up?

It doesn’t work for me, I tested it out in a new game and I did everything it said in the model and it still doesn’t work. Can you please help me?

For anyone who have been getting issues - I got a good news. I’ll be rewriting the whole obby system and add some new features and change some existing features and also try to fix up all of the bugs.

What will be on Techy’s Obby System Revamped?

• New UI which will be customizable.
  • Will use attributes so you will not have to touch a single script to configure.
  • Will be auto updating.
  • Most of the bugs will be fixed

And what will be the con?

• Will force credit my obby system because now, 60% of the DCOs uses my obby system and 1% of them credits me.
  • Go to stage feature will be removed as that’s barely used.
  • Spectate button will be removed as that can be added easily by someone else and isn’t a must for all obbies.

Give me 1 to 2 weeks to rewrite the whole obby system. Thank you.

4 Likes

Hey there Techy! I really like this project you have worked on. Out of curiosity, do you have a set date for the revamped obby system?

Not really, it may be late as I started getting lots of commission these days, and working on some long term projects as well. What I can confirm you is, it’ll be mostly out before the end of April.

2 Likes

I love your system and all of its features - I have it credited on my game. But i have one problem with it. when you select a past stage and die you get sent back to the latest stage.

1 Like

As I’ve mentioned in the topic and latest reply, the system contained a lots of bugs however for some people, it worked without any problem. As I’m not sure about some of the bugs, I’m revamping the system. Please wait until i revamp, or read FAQ or find the issue that’s producing this bug and fix it, I’m not sure what’s the issue. Thank you.

1 Like

Understood, cant wait for it! …

Aw man, I really liked the go to stage and spectate feature. Anyway, I can’t wait for the revamped version.

in my opinion, the UI doesn’t look to great. but it does work well.