Teleport Gui resizing/loading Visual Error

I am currently creating a project to teleport users from place a to b. Pretty straight forward, however I have noticed that there is a rescaling process that occurs in between leaving the place and the second between places as seen below.

My code changed multiple times but same concept tried from both client and server produces same results.

-- client --
local TeleportService = game:GetService("TeleportService")

event.OnClientEvent:Connect(function()
	TeleportService:SetTeleportGui(plr.PlayerGui.GUI)
end)
-- Server --
event:FireClient(plr,"TELEPORTING")			
wait(2)		
game:GetService("TeleportService"):TeleportAsync(PlaceId,{plr})

As seen above there is time between SetTeleportGui and the actual teleporting of players. I also want to note that the frame is currently in PlayerGui, but I have tried it in both ReplicatedStorages and generating the frame from code (no parent).

I also want to note the properties below, the frame being size = 1,0,1,0

I have searched up other tutorials and all of which focus on the second half of the teleport (which I am 99%confiden’t isn’t my problem), I have also read all the user documentation on SetTeleportGui and it doesn’t seem like I am doing anything wrong. Any advice would mean alot.

What I want to achieve (Yes I tried his code and same problem): SetTeleportGui - How to make the GUI appear both in the start and end server? - #10 by FlebleYT

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s just roblox loading the gui

1 Like

I also experience this exact issue, and I have noticed when I test it on an actual mobile device, I don’t experience the rescaling in between as shown. I am also looking for a solution.

1 Like

I don’t notice this happen in other games.

I see it a lot but maybe the games I play with custom loading screens have that same problem

Ye, thats what bothers me, I have seen many other games do it successfully and I followed everything perfectly, thought someone might know if it is a property or loading sequence. I will ping you if an answer is found :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Am getting the same bug with my custom teleport UI too. I’m almost certain it’s a roblox bug though because it started appearing recently.

Was just thinking if anchor points will help at all? Have you tried that before?

First off, the TeleportGui isn’t for the game place itself; It’s UI that shows while teleporting. You’ll need to duplicate the screen and show it when they arrive, then remove it when you want to.

I have done that, its why it was never a black flash, I am pretty sure its the place in between it takes a second or 2 to load even tho it is already loaded on client

I tried the anchor points and still the same issue.

I found this video example in another post, and is taken from a popular game called Doors, so I assume they know what they are doing… and as you can see it does the same effect as what we are experiencing. Just wanted to throw this out there and get some attention on it. I’m hoping @Bug-Support can maybe chime in on if this is expected behavior and why some are experiencing it and not others.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this has started happening with the new client Roblox has been rolling out, the old client never had this issue.

This just looks so jarring.

This definitely needs to be fixed, feel so out of place for any game with a custom loading screen…

5 Likes