Teleport to reserved server failing frequently (Unauthorized)

Reproduction Steps

On BedWars (BedWars 🏆 [5v5s!] - Roblox) joining a game will sometimes provide this error message (around 25% of joins). The teleport options include reserved server access code.

We did not update this codepath recently, so we have reason to believe it was a recent change on Roblox end.

Expected Behavior

Player should be teleported to the requested server.

Actual Behavior

Player is sent a Roblox notification & teleport fails:
“Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted. (Error Code: 773)”

On the server we see:
Teleport result: Unauthorized
Error message: Access code for reserved server is not valid.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2023-01-24 00:01:00 (-06:00)

2 Likes

Hey Developers,

Teleports should now be working as normal! If you’re still experiencing this issue, please let us know in this topic.

3 Likes

Now we’re getting failed because of “None” when trying to teleport

They aren’t

Still happening about 25% of the time

I don’t know if this is related, but the same error message happens if you try to teleport to a server that has gone beyond the 10 second startup delay. Don’t know if the two are related or not. It only happens when Roblox is really busy or having some issues with the servers and the speed that they operate.

1 Like

For those who are still hitting this please let me know your playerId, source and destination placeIds, and two timestamps: once where it succeeded and once where it failed.

Interesting. Do you have a way to consistently reproduce this?

I don’t because I don’t have any control over how long a server must be “retrying” to make it happen :grin: It seems to happen occasionally if a lot of players are online, like during peak times, so it may or may not be related. The 10 seconds or more was just the number I noticed at the bottom of the screen when it happened.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.