Teleporting HumanoidRootPart On A Server Script Isn't Teleporting Player Character On The Server-Side

Please tell me if I didn’t put this in the correct category.

While trying to teleport a player to a different area, (in the same game-place), I noticed the player character wasn’t being teleported on the server even though the teleportation script was a Server script. I went into further investigation and noticed on the server side only the HumanoidRootPart was being teleported instead of the entire character while on the client the entire character was being moved along with the HumanoidRootPart. I made a new place to see if this was happening there as well. Here are the results

If you can’t see the script due to the video’s quality:

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	wait(5)
	player.Character.HumanoidRootPart.Position = game.Workspace.Part.Position
end)

As you can see, on the server-side, the HumanoidRootPart only moves to the part, when I expect the whole character to move there as well. On the client-side, the whole character including the HumanoidRootPart has moved to the one “Part” in the Workspace. I also tried teleporting the HumanoidRootPart to a Vector3.new() and a CFrame.new(), to which I got the same results as before.

I realized this bug earlier today at around 12 PM EST. My computer specs are:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • Geforce GTX 1560
  • Windows 10 Version 1909

If anyone knows a solution, please tell me for this is really getting on me now.

2 Likes

Using Position on HumanoidRootPart wont change the position of the character in-game. Make sure you use CFrame. You can also take a look at the MoveTo function.

2 Likes

The video isn’t Working.

No, you don’t need to

My bad?

( 30 charssssssssssssssssss )

I already tried CFrame to which I got the same results although I tried it again and now the character is glitchy when I try using it.

Sorry about that, try again

(30 charrsssssssssssssss)

1 Like

Maybe this might help you?

I’m not really able to make a script right now as I’m on phone. This might help though.

1 Like

Although that holds information that I would probably use later, trying .Position of a HumanoidRootPart works fine. I also tried to the same thing with .CFrame in which I am getting the same results but sometimes I get a character that doesn’t even teleport close to the part.

I tried your script and the result was… good on local and a floating me on server where the humanoidrootpart does work

Nevermind, I used CFrame again and it works now.

1 Like

I tried using CFrame once again and it worked. Thanks!

1 Like

No worries mate. Glad it worked.

I tried the MoveTo() function, but i just started walking to the point

This was very helpful, thank you.