TeleportPartyAsync TeleportData doesn't work

TeleportService’s methods TeleportAsync() and TeleportPartyAsync() both take the following parameters:

placeId, players, teleportOptions

teleportOptions has the method SetTeleportData() which takes a table as its argument.

When calling player:GetJoinData(), JoinData.TeleportData is found if and only if you made the call using TeleportAsync. Using TeleportPartyAsync instead will cause JoinData.TeleportData to be nil.

This might actually be intended behaviour but if so, the documentation should explicitly make this very clear as the parallels between these two functions are enormous; especially given TeleportPartyAsync is suggested to have TeleportAsync bundled into it).

Expected behavior

I expect if I call TeleportPartyAsync from the server, the return from calling GetJoinData on a player should contain the TeleportData specified in the TeleportPartyAsync’s TeleportOptions.

No offence, but I can’t find this argument list listed on the documentation site? TeleportPartyAsync has been superseded by TeleportAsync and doesn’t accept TeleportOptions. The parameters TeleportPartyAsync accepts are the following:

placeId : number,
players : {Player},
teleportData : Variant?,
customLoadingScreen : Instance?

TeleportData is a variant, not a TeleportOptions instance, and, as such, you simply just have to provide your TeleportData as the third argument; no TeleportOptions needed!

The documentation site states the following:

The numerous teleport functions have been combined into a single method, TeleportAsync, which should be used instead and may be used to:

• Teleport any number of players to a Public Server

• Follow a Friend to a Different Place

• Teleport any number of Players to a Reserved Server

Albeit worded very awkwardly (so I do understand the confusion), the documentation site doesn’t state that TeleportAsync is ‘bundled into’ TeleportPartyAsync but rather that TeleportAsync should be used instead.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. I’ve got fresh eyes today and I can see my mistake clearly. Thanks for clearing that up! I’ve requested they take down the report as it’s predicated on a misunderstanding.

1 Like