TeleportService Error Code 769 - Teleport Failed due to an unexpected error

Within the past 10 minutes, an error started occuring for our place “Obby But You’re On A Bike

When attempting to teleport under any circumstances with TeleportAsync (and presumably all other teleport methods), Roblox throws an error. This has made our game lose significant amount of players.

I believe this issue is only relevant to certain places. As our game Skateboard Obby. isnt having this error at all.

9 Likes

Also happening in the hub for my game. Same error code for users 769.

Same, makes my game unplayable – ccus have plummeted

Screenshot 2024-07-01 150425

Hello everyone,

Our engineering teams are currently investigating the root cause of this issue.

Thank you,
Developer Relations

4 Likes

In my game is the same problem.

Apricate the quick response. Hoping for a quick resolution :crossed_fingers:

The same is happening in my experience

Same here. Users can’t play my game. at all.

1 Like

Also having this issue, as well as Marketplace not loading properly.

powered by potatoes

studio may be… slightly broken

1 Like

My biggest concern is that this will punish games with teleports in the algorithm. Games that rely heavily on teleports are now going to return very short session times, as players can’t play – while games that don’t teleport will continue as normal.

Hoping this gets resolved quickly and doesn’t have longer term consequences for affected games :pray:

3 Likes

All the issues Roblox has impact experiences for long periods of time, if not indefinitely.

I wonder how many games and projects have DIED as a result of Roblox’s inability to provide a reliable service, or how many developers have failed to pay bills due to the drop in income.

my game just got kicked off a sort on the discover page due to the outage e.e

1 Like

went from 400 players to 100 players due to this issue

1 Like

I unfortunately have had to shut down my game due to this because players are teleported from a loading area to their last saved “Planet” i.e. another instance. As a result, my player count dropped from 100+ to less than 10 over the last hour.

Really hope this gets fixed soon!

2 Likes

Some of us found that enabling “Third Party Teleports” in the Game Security category in your game settings in Studio fixes this issue with teleports. You will need to migrate/shutdown after enabling it though.

7 Likes

Unfortunately accessing Studio also seems broken too. I can’t get in to test this.

1 Like

It prompted me with an error the first time I tried to open the game in Studio as well, but opened up once I closed the error and clicked the game again. Not sure if it’s a similar situation with you

2 Likes

This does fix the issue! But if your game has different places that are only accessible by progressing through the game, players may be able to gain access via teleporting from different games into yours via the PlaceId. This is restricted via ThirdPartyTeleports being disabled. So enable at your own risk!

3 Likes