Teleportservice failure

Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-08 15:04:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-04-08 16:04:00 (-06:00)

Reproduction Steps:
In my game, Outlaster, if you attempt to teleport to a game to play, it fails consistently.

Expected Behavior:
When players attempt to teleport to our game servers it should work properly, instead there are teleport failure messages (Error code: 769)

Actual Behavior:
Players receive a teleportservice error when attempting to teleport to a server. (Error code: 769)

Workaround:

19 Likes

I confirm that this error is happening consistently. I posted a reply on this kind of megathread about teleport errors where I explain the situation: Incident Report: Large Spike in Teleport Failures: "Attempted to teleport to a place that is restricted" - #151 by homermafia1

1 Like

Thanks for reporting! The issue is being investigated.

15 Likes

Same thing here, any time I try to play a mission on Entry Point it keeps giving me “teleport error 769”.

3 Likes

Looks like there may also be a chat service issue too, messages are frequently dropped

It isn’t just Entry Point. It is anything that uses TeleportService I think.

Having an issue with this too in my game Notoriety
Error code 769.

Really hurting the player count :grimacing:

3 Likes

Can confirm. I lost over 3k players in Welcome due to this.

Edit: Look’s like issue is resolved. Thank you Roblox.

hey folks, we believe that the issue is mostly resolved now, but please reply here if you are still experiencing issues.

6 Likes

Myself, a friend, and others I see in lobbies of games are experiencing 769 still even less than an hour ago. It doesn’t seem dependant on game and happens when teleporting to reserved servers. Unsure if it occurs in other forms of teleports.

1 Like

It seems like it is down again. We keep getting complaints of teleport failures.

I just recent made a multiple place game and it occasionally gets teleport failiures. I have no idea why since its just me playing and was fine before hand

Edit: This was yesterday and I haven’t encountered any errors so far so I think its been fixed

1 Like

hey y’all - we’ve reverted some changes this morning and we’re seeing that charts are back to normal. for the new reports, can you confirm that these issues happened after 930AM PDT?

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 6 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.