Tequila, Jalisco: Naming Dilemma with ROBLOX TOS

So a Group of Friends and I are developing a county styled game, based in the state of Jalisco, Mexico: yet as we approach completion and started on the northern portion of the state we found ourselves in the dilemma of the Town of Tequila, Jalisco.

As you may know: some Alcoholic Drinks tend to get their names from the places they’re elaborated in as it is with Cognac from the Cognac Commune, Champagne from the (now deceased) Champagne Province, and Tequila from Tequila, Jalisco.

So I wanted to consult if y’all think it’s possible to name the town in-game Tequila as it doesn’t really contain anything related to alcohol other than the name.

Idk man. I haven’t read up on the ROBLOX TOS, but I’d probably not name the town Tequila. Just to play it safe. Is there a second name that the town goes by? If so, use that. But again, I haven’t read up on the ROBLOX TOS, so I can’t be sure.

1 Like

people got banned because Roblox moderators have different cultural backgrounds and knowledge. People might see the name as a drink and others might not, Try to change up the name a little bit to see if that works

1 Like

It shouldn’t be against the rules, but Roblox staff aren’t fantastic at recognizing context. You could try “Tequillan”, which is supposedly a Nahuatl name for the town. Not sure that’d go over great either, but I can’t really think of a better idea other than an imaginary name that would take away from authenticity.

3 Likes

Kinda just what @TheBigC10 said. Just stay out of trouble and use a second name by the town. That, or you can simply change a letter in the name and leave a note somewhere explaining why the town is differently named (e.g Tekilla)

1 Like