Terrain Editor Draw Tool double-clicks

as title describes, using the Terrain Editor’s Draw tool often double clicks when you want to single click, leading to unintended placement or subtraction of terrain.

Expected behavior

I expect that when I click once with a tool, it only clicks once. Let’s say I want to Add a large cylinder of limestone to my map using the Draw tool. If I click once, it should add a single cylinder.

1 Like

Will be looking into this, thank you for the report.

I’m unable to reproduce this error. A different user recently reached out to me with a similar problem, and it turns out they had a faulty mouse button and needed to replace their mouse. Is it it possible that this might be the case for you as well?

I’ve had lots of a logitech mice, and some of them start experiencing this exact issue after a while.

I have checked my mouse and settings, it does not appear to be faulty. What happens is when I click a single time sometimes the Draw tool will act as if I’m holding down the mouse button rather than just single-clicking it.

My windows mouse settings are all default minus having disabled Enhance pointer precision. I do not have any mouse related software running in background.

Strangely, I took my mouse and tested it on a separate computer and the issue does not appear to exist. The issue is likely caused by either my configuration of Studio or a plugin I am using. Will report back if I can narrow it down to anything actionable.

Are there any updates on this? If not, I may mark this as fixed for the time being. Alternatively, if you want to send me a list of the plugins you have enabled, I can take a look as well.

I’m also experiencing this issue, it happens randomly (I’m not sure how to replicate it, it just happens out of nowhere)

@magfinite is also experiencing this issue too

Ignore, fixed?

Theres also another weird issue with terrain i have come across multiple times where in certain areas terrain grows by itself unless I delete the whole area of terrain. If i add terrain to the area again, the terrain starts growing by itself again.

This also happens randomly, I just have to leave and rejoin studio for it to be fixed

higher quality: Watch g | Streamable

What version of Roblox Studio are you on? This growing issue should have been fixed a long time ago.

Oh my bad, I wasn’t on the latest version (double click issue still happens)

Glad that resolved your issue, having eternally growing terrain doesn’t sound particularly fun.

Strange, I’ll keep this open for now then. I’m looking at some higher priority stuff at the moment, but could you let me know the model of the mouse you’re using, as well as the OS so I can find a way to reproduce the issue? Thanks!

im using the logitech g402, windows 11. Also happens with some random £5 mouse I got years ago

That self growing issue still occurs, I’m updated to the latest version: